Hating on riders - from a rider | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hating on riders - from a rider

I worked for 5 bucks and hour and that was below the minimum cuz I needed to make a living... whats the minimum now? like 12 dollars? yeah everything is more expensive but to be quite honest the comodity of living now a days is amazing...

oh but I got my ex pregnant and have to pay child support and blah blah blah blah.... honestly kids are way too over protected, pamper and all that crap... that said, their is a few execptions

I go to meets to socialize with people that have similar interests as me. And FYI, it's usually the cruisers that are the loudest when 'peeling out' due to their straight pipes. Just sayin'

I go to meets to socialize with people that have similar interests as me. And FYI, it's usually the cruisers that are the loudest when 'peeling out' due to their straight pipes. Just sayin'
point taken.. agreed

If you don't like seeing the bikes at the meet don't go. If you don't like how people ride avoid them. I see just as many people do stupid things in a car.

Not everyone who owns a car goes to car shows...some people like the sound of their bikes. I always swing by to see the different brands, the revving doesn't bother me. I do a quick walk around and leave, people have every right to express themselves, if a loud exhaust does it for you great. I personally just put a quieter exhaust on mine.

How people drive is their decision, do what everyone else does, honk your horn and complain, it makes you feel better and the rider doesn't give a ****. Everyone is happy.

Now for the obligatory cliché, "Who cares what other people do, just go out and ride!"

Please Toronto is nothing compared to what I seen in Chicago. And Chicago is super safe compared to what I seen in Rome.

I'd love to see where that author got this: "but it’s worth noting that the average family after-tax income back then was close to $50,000"

The after-tax household income of a family in 1984 was nowhere near "close to $50,000".

Yes but look at the price of houses now compared to 84. Actually look at the price of everything now

Im also sure 50 grand is worth less then it was back then. But I could be wrong.

I don't think anyone here is an econ major...and if they were, I doubt they'd waste their time writing a bunch of info for us. So for now it will just be speculation but I'll put somethings into perspective as a software developer:

Tuition: 8,000x4=32,000
GOTransit: 150x12x4=7200
Textbooks: 700x4=2800

Min wage job = 10.25/h
Lets say 4x4 = 16 weeks at 40 hours is $6560 for the summer. $26240 over 4 years.
Lets say you don't go out at all during school, have a 4.0, and work 8 hours a week. 8x10.25x36=$2952. $11808 over 4 years

Total Expenses:
$42000

Total Income (assuming 0% tax):
$38048

Net Profit:
Less $3952

Do you realize what's missing here? Food costs or rent costs.

Now, there is actually a solution: stay out of uni for 4 years. Watch all your friends graduate. Come back 4 years later, get ~$13,000/y via OSAP. Invest the money, hope it doesn't blow up on you. Return the money upon graduation and take the interest.

Now question: how many of you are debt free and have complete finical self control? Better yet, how many of you knew the above before going to school? Pretty damn sure less than ~10% or OSAP would have ****ed itself already.

EDIT: Last edit, the situation above does not describe me but I know people in the situation. It really isn't hard to crunch numbers and figure out just where the hell people are getting stuff shoved up their ***.

Thank god for motorcycles though: twist the throttle and dem worries are gone.

Last edited:
油井緋色;1818026 said:
I don't think anyone here is an econ major...and if they were, I doubt they'd waste their time writing a bunch of info for us. So for now it will just be speculation but I'll put somethings into perspective as a software developer:

Tuition: 8,000x4=32,000
GOTransit: 150x12x4=7200
Textbooks: 700x4=2800

Min wage job = 10.25/h
Lets say 4x4 = 16 weeks at 40 hours is $6560 for the summer. $26240 over 4 years.
Lets say you don't go out at all during school, have a 4.0, and work 8 hours a week. 8x10.25x36=$2952. $11808 over 4 years

Total Expenses:
$42000

Total Income (assuming 0% tax):
$38048

Do you realize what's missing here? Food costs or rent costs.

thot of moving closer to school so you can stop spending 7200 ?

Come on man, read the bold font. Move to school means rent, rent will 100% sure be more than GOTransit.

Ever thought some people (or a lot) aren't lucky enough to have the chance to either have a school close by that offered what they need, or parents that were of no support what so ever?
Seriously, combined my parents made around 140,000/yr when I was ready for school... I got NO support from either of them, and I couldn't even get a co-sign for a student loan. OSAP thought I should be supported by my parents so I got no assistance from them. Luckily I found a way out of a dead end small town on my own.

one word "Citidiots!"
+1

I've never gone to a bike meet. I've maybe sat with a couple guys at Tim's less than 5 times and that was while waiting for everyone to get ready for a ride... I'd rather be riding at my own pace, so that means I'm usually on my own or with one other person.

If I wanted to hang out with the guys, ride like an idiot, bounce my bike off the rev limiter I'd go to the track... I think if you're that awesome of a rider that you need to show it to everyone, go to the track where people that want to see you goon yourself off your bike will go and watch you be the retard you are. (yes, I'm calling myself a retard and a goon here since I spend every weekend at the track).

The after-tax household income of a family in 1984 was nowhere near "close to $50,000".

http://www4.hrsdc.gc.ca/.3ndic.1t.4r@-eng.jsp?iid=21

Have a look at the first line graph, yes this is the median but the two measures are always very close.

Even if the average in 1984 was (for your sake) $30,000 that is still 33% of what the average house cost back then. Looking at the actual facts though (~$45k a year) brings the after tax income to about 45% of the cost of the average house.

Now, the average household income is around $60,000 which is a measly 12% of the average house cost today. Not to mention everything else is more expensive too.

Old people like to say everything is fine and kids are just whiny and entitled, but reality is that **** is ****ed up and baby boomers don't want to take the blame for what they did to future generations.

Last edited by a moderator:
As another member pointed out, some cars do stupid things too. Don't like it and want to whine, take the bus or walk.

I've had a bike for 6 years. Came back from working in Vancouver the last 3 years, and man, what a different bike culture. You still get morons on bikes out there, but much fewer of them. The bike community is tighter, smaller, and I think polices itself a lot better.....

Back
Top Bottom