Has Your Bike Ever Been Stolen And Police Brushed You Off ? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has Your Bike Ever Been Stolen And Police Brushed You Off ?

Do you think adding a tracker would help ?

The 1st thing Police asked me was if it had a tracker.. I said no... and I could feel the tone of enthusiasm change...

So yes, a tracker definitely would have helped.. :(

my friends shipping container has been broken into 3 times now. first time they got 3 nice mini dirtbikes, next time some rolls of wire, etc etc. police were useless as suspected. got the license plate on one of the trucks they used and of course it was stolen. all we got from the cop is "we think we know who it is" going around this certain area.

we now have tracking device placed on a "bait" dirtbike so we can deal with the thieves ourselves. I don't get it why a police unit wouldn't have their own tracking devices and put them in a generator or piece of equipment so we can catch these guys. with todays technology you'd think it would be pretty easy.

Really, what are the police going to do? Create cases for every bike stolen and investigate them each? the cost of that investigation will far exceed the cost of the bike. And cops don't do detective work anyhow as far as I know - those investigations are large scale so there's a big fanfare at the end to justify the manhours put into it.

Cops are to keep order in society on the fly. If they witness the theft, they will stop it. If the guy got away, that goes to somewhere beyond a patrolman.

Call your local MP and request they initiate a bait bike programme. But don't freakin advertise it, just do it!

If you said you caught the guy and call the cops to say 'he is hanging by his thumbs on my back porch' a cruiser will respond immediately!
My brother did that once.

Call your MP and tell them the police that you pay for had no interest in investigating the theft of your bike. Your MP or MPP is their boss. It's like asking to speak to the manager. The MPP will have to follow up by talking with the Chief of Police for that division.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

I have my own, quicker way in making cops get off their butts and do something. It works like a charm.

About 6 years ago in a hot summer night I went to drop off a friend and on the way back home in an industrial area I saw an old man walking naked on the sidewalk and trying to enter closed businesses. When he saw my car approaching he took off running into a dark parking lot. I called police. Not 911 but just the regular number of 23rd Division. This guy answered the phone and I told him what I had seen. He started his smart-ass remarks that if the man hadn't been aggressive with me why was I calling. I asked for his 1st and last name and what was his position in the police force. He asked me why I wanted to know. I told him; "If tomorrow morning this guy is found dead or somebody gets killed by a naked man I'm going to report you to your Captain and to the media how you brushed this call off".

The guy quickly told me he was sending a patrol car to investigate.

I have my own, quicker way in making cops get off their butts and do something. It works like a charm.

Naked guy ≠ stolen motorcycle.

Unless the motorcycle was at risk of being found deceased in the morning this tactic isn't going to be directly transferrable.

Back
Top Bottom