Has anyone here had a bicycle stolen and you know the serial number? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has anyone here had a bicycle stolen and you know the serial number?

backmarkerducati

Site Supporter
Assuming the theft was reported, If so can you type it into the following RCMP database and tell me if it comes back as stolen.... I don't need the serial number just a yeah or nay.

Sort of an odd request I know.... I have never gotten a positive hit while checking out/buying used bikes, and I would like to know if this thing even works!

Outlook not so good. Found a stolen bike ad on kijiji in Calgary with a serial number and police case number. No match in that database.

Serial Number C7BF2167
Calgary Police Case Number CA19239962

Pure genius, I never even thought to look for a SN in a stolen bike ad on Kijiji!...

I did get a positive hit on this one....

Attachments

• Stolen.JPG
    Stolen.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 10
Pure genius, I never even thought to look for a SN in a stolen bike ad on Kijiji!...

I did get a positive hit on this one....
Interesting. "The results from this search may lead to an active police investigation". Does that mean they are logging IP's and coming after people looking up the numbers?

Still pretty disappointing, doing a country wide Kijiji sweep I get about a 25% success rate. I bet some police services just do not send the data in...

Back
Top Bottom