Harley-Davidson Announces End Of EVO Sportster Production | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley-Davidson Announces End Of EVO Sportster Production

You make a good point. I expect there will be quite a few of the faithful who view the new bikes as unworthy of the logo.
From what I’m seeing, i think the real Harley mindset is changing. Although some will never change the way of thinking.

The wannabe HA's are still alive and well.

There is a guy down the street from me in his 30's that rents a basement apartment and does not have a pot to piss in.
He is making payments on a new Roadglide, not a base model either.

The Faithful are aging out. It will be interesting to see what happens going forward.

All I can say is my HOGs have doubled in value since I bought them in 2020.

Something seems to be going right. Go Harley!

Last Quarterly financials
(USD)Sept 2022Y/Y Increase (Decrease)
Revenue1.65B20.75%
Net income261.19M60.26%
Diluted EPS1.7869.52%
Net profit margin15.84%32.66%

Is it fair game now to "explain" to future new Harley owners how they are not riding a real motorcycle? Asking for a friend...
Definitely fair. I have no interest in anything new from Harley. Even the touring bikes which I've enjoyed renting are ridiculously quiet and smooth. Quiet and smooth is Honda's game. When I switched to Harley it was because I was looking at cruisers, why by a Harley wannabe when I can have the real deal. Now that the Harley enthusiast pool is drying up they are trying to compete with the Germans and Japanese which they can't do. If I wanted a well engineered, smooth, quiet bike I'd buy the real deal. And that's not a Harley. I think I'd be more likely to buy a new Royal Enfield then a new Harley wannabe Harley.

The wannabe HA's are still alive and well.

There is a guy down the street from me in his 30's that rents a basement apartment and does not have a pot to piss in.
He is making payments on a new Roadglide, not a base model either.
So many like that but with high end cell phones and a BMW.

Back
Top Bottom