Hard Time Taking Off AGV K-3 SV Helmet | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hard Time Taking Off AGV K-3 SV Helmet

Aznkid2000

I recently bought a new AGV helmet to replace my Shoei Qwest and boy is it a bit of a struggle to take off, my ears and side of the head sort of rub/get stuck when taking off. Is it just the new helmet and would wear in?

One of the the downside is, I also use to wear a bluetooth ear piece that fits perfectly on my Shoei where i can take off and put it on without a problem but tried it for the first time on the AGV and wowowo was that painful having the ear piece push in your ear and rubbing it.

Maybe i just have too big of a head?

Rub KY Jelly all over your head before putting helmet on. Please take video and upload it here for educational purposes.

More seriously, grab the D ring straps either side and pull a bit when you put it on, there’s sometimes a bit of flex that helps the helmet on and off. If you do this already then you’re back to KY Jelly or some super slick hair gel.

My Bell helmet was similar when I had first bought it. After a month of use, it loosened up. But it was still difficult to wear it with Shure's earphones. After a season of use, it loosened up enough to easily wear and take off, but I feel it moves around a bit in the wind now. I preferred it snug tbh.

I wear sweat wicking head durags off amazon. They keep my ears in check (big ears) and very easy to put on and take off helmet. Also absorb sweat.

As for the Bluetooth earpiece does your AGV have recesses for earpieces? If not you have issues and you might need to modify the eps liner somehow, not sure if that would affect the safety features of the helmet though.

thin balaclava ...search balaclava on here ...lots of suggestions...keeps liner cleaner and much easier on and off especially with ear gear. I use a thin Oxford

It's too small. You made a mistake buying it. Be much more careful sizing next one.

it probably has to do with the helmet shape as i was going from a touring sort of helmet to a more sporty. I think the fit is just right as it fits just snug and would probably would be worn in after some time.

it does have space for there own blue tooth comm but seems like that failed and wouldn't fit most Sena system

it probably has to do with the helmet shape as i was going from a touring sort of helmet to a more sporty. I think the fit is just right as it fits just snug and would probably would be worn in after some time.

it does have space for there own blue tooth comm but seems like that failed and wouldn't fit most Sena system
What size are you? AGV makes 2 Medium sizes, small and large fyi.

that's a downgrade going from shoei to agv

Why is that a down grade, agv makes good helmets, I currently own one, and I find it just as good if not better than my previous shoei and arai helmets.

AGV have a tight opening I find. Raced in AGV for years and on/off was always tight with a perfect fit, even had to spin my earring around to get it in without ripping it out.

I'm racing in a Shoei this year and its much easier to get on/off with a similar fit.

New helmets can be difficult for sure and will ease up over time as they adjust to your head. Did you try the helmet on first before buying?

If it is indeed a wrong size you might be able to just replace the liner. I know with Schuberth they have I think 2 or 3 helmet sizes, the rest is down with the liner, being thicker or thinner for different head sizes. If AGV is the same and the size you need to move to uses the same shell you might be able to get away with only a new liner.

If it's reasonably comfortable while it's on, then it's the right size or perhaps too big.
I have a large modular Schuberth C3 Pro, that's actually smaller than my modular HJC IS Max II Medium.
The Schuberth fits completely differently than any other helmet I've owned, and even being modular, I have to be very careful of not ripping my ears off when taking it on and off. It just tends to taper in towards the chin and neck more than other helmets, which also helps make it quieter.
It will break in and go on and off better, over time. I haven't tried putting my speakers into the Schuberth yet, but it looks like it has spots for them hollowed out.

I have a Shoei RF-1200, tight and hurt to take it one and off, it fits snug and firm, and is the size plus some on Shoe's size chart for my head. There's no pressure points so head shape isn't an issue, taking it on and off is painful, and after a long day my cheeks would hurt. Got a Shoei Qwest, much more comfortable, plush, and easier on and off. Then a Arai XD-4, and I don't wear the Shoe's anymore.

Haven't tried and AGV, though I did try changing the cheekpads to thinner ones by Shoei, made no difference, maybe AGV sell thinner pads that would help you, or like Arai make them customizable?

Back
Top Bottom