Handlebar risers for Supersport bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Handlebar risers for Supersport bikes

Esquire

I have a long trip coming up and would like to weigh some options. I'm likely to do the trek on a CBR 600rr if I could make the ergos a bit more comfortable. Has anyone had any luck with the helibars on their supersport? Is it easy to install and uninstall? Does it effect the steering damper at all?
Thanks for any input.

Helibars work great. No other changes needed. There are also risers that just lift the stock bars up about an inch or so, can't remember the name of them. Aftermarket clipons could cause other issues, like the brake lever hitting the fairing when turning. Not sure that this is in fact the case with your bike, but be aware and ask questions if you're going to buy.

I've had 2 sets of helibars on sportbikes. Both times I was not quite satisfied. I have now had three handlebar conversions on sportbikes and have been ecstatic about the results.

Try them and see if it's good enough.

I've had 2 sets of helibars on sportbikes. Both times I was not quite satisfied. I have now had three handlebar conversions on sportbikes and have been ecstatic about the results.

Try them and see if it's good enough.

You talking about the LSL kit? Or modding on a set of renthals etc?

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

You talking about the LSL kit? Or modding on a set of renthals etc?

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

LSL handlebar kit on a TL1000S.

Modded top triple and Renthals on a TLR1000.

Banditmania kit with Renthals on my SV1000S.

have a set of variobar kit on R6. It can be adjusted back/up by rotating the bar. Craftmanship is very nice indeed. That said it is what it is... it make enough difference to prevent my neck pain, but not enough to make a sportbike "comfortable"

Keep in mind if you extend the handle bar high/far enough you might run into problem with your throttle cable /brake line / clutch cable etc. That said, the bar manufacturer usually let buyer aware what they need to change.

As for installation, the most difficult part (for me) is to route all the cables/brake line without interfere the steering movement... My first attempt introduced a little feature called "auto throttle". It automatically open up throttle when I turn my steering all the way right...

I rode my 600rr to Winnipeg a few years back (2100Km) ..... the best thing I did was stand sometimes to ease the legs and a nice high tank bag to rest on. Actually had my chin on it many times with my feet on the pass. pegs. I would pull into a gas station, hit the kill, flip the stand down and when the bike rolled to a stop I would fall to the left and just sit till I could move ........ BRUTAL!!!
GOOD LUCK!

Back
Top Bottom