Hand guards preference ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hand guards preference ?

Kawyman

Hey, Im just curious what your opinions are for hand guards and mounting brackets, what ones you like or didnt liked and which ones work good, im looking to change mine this season on my KLX 300, I have the stock ones but i dont like them at all.

What kind of riding do you want to use them for? What didn't you like about the stock ones?

Only asking because those that know handguards will want to know those questions.

Myself, I have never used any except for on the sled... I guess I like getting my knuckles busted up from roost.

Off road riding, in the bush and trails, I like my knuckles and want to protect my hands while riding, I don't like the look or how kinda bulky the stock ones are.

I know there's a few aftermarket plastic and metal ones just curious what opinions people had on what worked for them and what they liked using

I have acerbies on my rm250 for single track, I use them regularly against trees and have no issues. If you want them for more than just roost protection get somthing with a metal support.

I have these on my DRZ:

Picture007-1.jpg

Strong as hell, threaded into the bar and the integrated mirrors are nice for dual sporting. They come as a complete kit including the upper clamp. They are expensive though.

You can get them here: http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

On my RM I use the zeta armor bend with the XC protectors. They are lighter than the HDB ones on my DRZ but nowhere near as strong. I've had to beat them back into position a few times but they've never failed to protect my hands in the trees. The xc protectors need to be replaced after 1 season.

i have a pair of msr d-flectors on my bike and my wifes, the inner mount does get in the way of the control cables depending on setup, i got a inner mount from moose that is "U" shaped to avoid this.

Back
Top Bottom