Hamilton thread for "keep your license" group rides | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hamilton thread for "keep your license" group rides

Oh, about this ^ : WRONG. There are a few great easily accessible practice places INSIDE the city (e.g. check out Kenilworth Access)

I was meaning more than 4 hrs of riding in the city wouldn't be the greatest, but no doubt there are some great roads in the city. Is Kenilworth Access the one from the top of the mountain beginning at Upper Ottawa street? If so, that is an awesome few hairpin turns and a sweet view of the city.

I was meaning more than 4 hrs of riding in the city wouldn't be the greatest, but no doubt there are some great roads in the city. Is Kenilworth Access the one from the top of the mountain beginning at Upper Ottawa street? If so, that is an awesome few hairpin turns and a sweet view of the city.

Yea, that one (http://goo.gl/maps/2Q3U2). You can spin around it all day long ;)

Any riding going on in the Hammer? Did we lose our fearless leader to track days only???

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Hello friends,

Like I state here (http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Ever-done-it&p=1874876&viewfull=1#post1874876) and pics here (http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ction-at-TMP&p=1874448&viewfull=1#post1874448), I enjoyed the track way too much to enjoy the street ever again. That said, I'm done with group rides and riding on the street. I wish you all to ride safe, good luck, and I'll see you around! Maybe while I still have insurance I might drop in on a meet or something, but it will be just to have a coffee and chat for the good old times sake :)

Good luck Orlin.

Thanks :) Also, I just cancelled my insurance, so you won't be seeing me on the street on two wheels for a while, at least until I decide to get a small 250 or something that can drag me to Tim's and back ;)

Oh, and I'll be selling my 1000 and getting another 1000 that is track ready. My current 1000 is way too nice and well maintained to be risked at the track.

Well, thanks for the ride you DID take me on! (It was my first/only group ride and I had a BLAST!)

I can relate to how addictive the track can be (from my car days). Have fun, and hopefully I'll see you somewhere again.

I'm out for any rides this weekend (going to a cottage for the week) but, I'll be looking to meet up with some people again after that.

Hello friends,

Like I state here (http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Ever-done-it&p=1874876&viewfull=1#post1874876) and pics here (http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...ction-at-TMP&p=1874448&viewfull=1#post1874448), I enjoyed the track way too much to enjoy the street ever again. That said, I'm done with group rides and riding on the street. I wish you all to ride safe, good luck, and I'll see you around! Maybe while I still have insurance I might drop in on a meet or something, but it will be just to have a coffee and chat for the good old times sake :)

Easy now orlin Glad you enjoyed your track day but dude whats next sell the house,quit your job,divorce the wife and become a professional racer.Just kidding good thing I didn't go with you on track day cause don't ever think I can give up riding on the streets but to each their own good luck and see you around maybe in your volkswagon or whatever cage you drive.

Take care and be safe

Easy now orlin Glad you enjoyed your track day but dude whats next sell the house,quit your job,divorce the wife and become a professional racer.Just kidding good thing I didn't go with you on track day cause don't ever think I can give up riding on the streets but to each their own good luck and see you around maybe in your volkswagon or whatever cage you drive.

Take care and be safe

ehh Manny...I'll surely miss riding and chatting with you buddy... I'll keep an eye on the threads, maybe I'll show up in the cage on one of your meets for to have a coffee and then watch you disappear on the bandit :[

Manny, here's a thought----join me on Sept 20 at the track. You'll have a blast, I personally guarantee you that!

Does anybody here go to MAC? Out of curiousity......

I got my Master's there. Wife is doing a PhD in the Computing and Software Department right now. What do you do there? I know a lot of people in the uni...maybe I even know you, or if you're young, I might have thought you a subject or two, was a TA for a couple of years.

Manny, here's a thought----join me on Sept 20 at the track. You'll have a blast, I personally guarantee you that!

I got my Master's there. Wife is doing a PhD in the Computing and Software Department right now. What do you do there? I know a lot of people in the uni...maybe I even know you, or if you're young, I might have thought you a subject or two, was a TA for a couple of years.

yeah Orlin I wish I had a more appropriate bike to take to the track it just wouldn't feel right showing up on a bandit 1250 but hey you never know maybe next year if I get my m109r like the wife wants and get a cheap 600 to go nuts on the track, anyway we'll see about the 20th thanks buddy

yeah Orlin I wish I had a more appropriate bike to take to the track it just wouldn't feel right showing up on a bandit 1250 but hey you never know maybe next year if I get my m109r like the wife wants and get a cheap 600 to go nuts on the track, anyway we'll see about the 20th thanks buddy

Manny, there were a couple of people on ninjas 250. Your bandit will be alright. And people don't seem to judge at the track, you'll be fine and will have a great time! Think about it, let me know later. It's 90 bucks only if you pre-register at least a week before the 20th.

Manny, there were a couple of people on ninjas 250. Your bandit will be alright. And people don't seem to judge at the track, you'll be fine and will have a great time! Think about it, let me know later. It's 90 bucks only if you pre-register at least a week before the 20th.

That sounds real cheap. Can I take my stock 250 and make it track ready by taping things up and changing fluids? Even better if I can just ride it to the track. :)

Just doing my undergrad there. Hon. Life Sci.

Thought I'd jump in:)

Is it in Cayuga? I am off that day...
Just have to change out the coolant...

Also, Corsara, please stop posting how awesome the track day was. I've been looking at 748,749,916 etc all day to turn into a track bike because of you. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom