H-D has a new boss | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

H-D has a new boss

My guess is it is a heavy, under powered, 45° V-Twin that is exactly the same as all their other bikes to non-Harley people but to them... completely different revolution to Harley people... If so no new ground covered, no conversion of the Non-Harley crowd, which is what they need (expand the customer base)...

Last edited:
the Pan America was probably their best chance to break into a new demographic
premium bike that is suited for a large V-twin

anyone looking at an affordable mid size bike of any type is not going to buy a Street

maybe they can grab some market share if it's cheap enough?
but it's also at least 10 years too late to work out the kinks on a brand new ADV

best thing for them would have been if the old BMW takeover rumour had been true
keep the popular heavy cruiser models to compliment the existing BMW line
similar targeted customer base, and BMW seems to have trouble designing a cruiser

9l3qFN5.jpg

James Bond bike,
we seen what that bike can do :LOL: with a hot girl on your lap.

the Pan America was probably their best chance to break into a new demographic
premium bike that is suited for a large V-twin

9l3qFN5.jpg

I doubt that Harley could pull a significant amount of market share from BMW, KTM, Triumph etc. in the adventure segment. Watching motorcycle forums and the industry for the last 10 years it apears that whenever the manufacturers listen to what the internet says it wants that people will always have an excuse not to buy it. See Indian FTR.

When I decided to get a cruiser I was pretty set on a vulcan or thunderbird. It crossed my mind that I was looking at all bikes that were imitating Harley. I tried the real deal and never considered either again. I doubt that I would land on the Pan America if looking at adventure bikes.

Both of my current bikes are harleys and I would never buy a V-Rod or a street. I would likely buy a VMax rather then a V-Rod for a muscle cruiser. If I was looking for a low budget bike (street) I would not be looking anywhere near a Harley dealer.

I doubt that Harley could pull a significant amount of market share from BMW, KTM, Triumph etc. in the adventure segment. Watching motorcycle forums and the industry for the last 10 years it apears that whenever the manufacturers listen to what the internet says it wants that people will always have an excuse not to buy it. See Indian FTR.

When I decided to get a cruiser I was pretty set on a vulcan or thunderbird. It crossed my mind that I was looking at all bikes that were imitating Harley. I tried the real deal and never considered either again. I doubt that I would land on the Pan America if looking at adventure bikes.

Both of my current bikes are harleys and I would never buy a V-Rod or a street. I would likely buy a VMax rather then a V-Rod for a muscle cruiser. If I was looking for a low budget bike (street) I would not be looking anywhere near a Harley dealer.

Cannot agree more. The main issues I see is that people who buy NEW bikes are a tiny portion of motorcycle riders. Also usually not as smart.
All the people saying theyd buy this bike or that bike if they did that, usually don't have the money to poney up once their demands are met.
I actually prefer the vrod over the vmax but thats due to my short and tiny stature, the vmax has a pretty high seat for a heavyweight cruiser.

I was referring to the "the FXGST Road Rage 1800" part rather then the smaller selection of bikes.

One must assume that if it isn't in production already it will be delayed until 2021.
The Softail Standard is the only FXGST model currently in the mix.

I was referring to the "the FXGST Road Rage 1800" part rather then the smaller selection of bikes.
I have the triumph and also the Ford version of this vehicle.

And now.. booted out of top corporations in the USA...

yeah but those t shirts tho

Also trying to drum up a 350M survival loan.

In 2008, buffet gave them 300M at 15%. He says he trusted them not to go bankrupt but didnt trust them to do well. His loan paid ~500M, if he had bought shares instead it would have been over 1B.

Also trying to drum up a 350M survival loan.

In 2008, buffet gave them 300M at 15%. He says he trusted them not to go bankrupt but didnt trust them to do well. His loan paid ~500M, if he had bought shares instead it would have been over 1B.

the shares went to 1B, they also could have gone the other way. You give them 300M at credit card interest rates you get 500M. If they had gone tits, the shares are peanuts, but you loan (certainly secured creditor at 300m) , you wait a bit while they sell off equipement and factories and get your 300m. Buffet makes a few mistakes, but very few.

the shares went to 1B, they also could have gone the other way. You give them 300M at credit card interest rates you get 500M. If they had gone tits, the shares are peanuts, but you loan (certainly secured creditor at 300m) , you wait a bit while they sell off equipement and factories and get your 300m. Buffet makes a few mistakes, but very few.
I'm not implying he made the wrong choice. More along the lines of HD has been here before and had a big bounce. We all know they are hurting but cant count them out yet.

I didn't read your post as "he chose wrong" , I looked to the long game solution which I think he did as well. I'm always amazed at coporate loans in the 15-20% range, often loaned to the company by principals in the company. Thats "credit city and cheques cashed on the spot" loan rates. You'd think when the CEO walks into a board meeting and says, I got us funding and its only 15% half the room would go , WHAT??, but the other half are in on the joke and take the private jet to the Bahamas to sign the papers. The view at the top is pretty scenic.....

I didn't read your post as "he chose wrong" , I looked to the long game solution which I think he did as well. I'm always amazed at coporate loans in the 15-20% range, often loaned to the company by principals in the company. Thats "credit city and cheques cashed on the spot" loan rates. You'd think when the CEO walks into a board meeting and says, I got us funding and its only 15% half the room would go , WHAT??, but the other half are in on the joke and take the private jet to the Bahamas to sign the papers. The view at the top is pretty scenic.....
Look into property developers and your head spins. Not that long ago, a project got cancelled because they couldn't secure a construction loan at favorable rates. The company that offered them unreasonable rates was owned by the same people as the developer. Normally the top up loans if you need money during construction are 20%+, I'm not sure what the going rate is on the initial loan.

Coincidentally, the markets were way up from when the original building was sold out. Thanks for the multi-year interest free loan peons. Here's your deposit back. Sorry you can't afford to buy anything at today's prices.

Awesome video. Goes to reinforce that the skill of the rider has far more to do with the ability of the bike than the bike itself, within reason obviously. And the sound of those scraping floorboards is certainly familar to me. ;)

I'd love to get my hippo out on a track somewhere and be able to wring it out. All us cruiser guys should rent some track time and have at it. ;)

I watched a segment on motorvision tv , track in Europe has an open day where you can do a lap on whatever you like , riding lawn mower , class A motor homes , anything . Looks like a great day out

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom