Gypsy Moths Everywhere | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gypsy Moths Everywhere

Have they finally turned into moths? I want to book a MTB ride this Saturday but I am genuinely scared lol.
Less caterpillars at our house and starting to see some pupae. No moths here yet. Friends a km away are still at full steam with caterpillars (snow shovelling poo off their deck). It isn't that bad when biking. You hit the occasional dangler and you are riding through caterpillar crap but that is mainly a mental thing as it is decomposing plant matter.

For us we're moving into the flying ants...

Less caterpillars at our house and starting to see some pupae. No moths here yet. Friends a km away are still at full steam with caterpillars (snow shovelling poo off their deck). It isn't that bad when biking. You hit the occasional dangler and you are riding through caterpillar crap but that is mainly a mental thing as it is decomposing plant matter.
Wouldn't it be as slippery as ...............you know.

Wouldn't it be as slippery as ...............you know.
It's fine on the trails. I don't notice any traction difference. I haven't been riding right after a rain (being coated in &^*&^ is not fun). It can be very slippery on concrete/asphalt. When dry, it is like sand and when wet it is slime.

Years (decades) ago there was an infestation of spruce budworm (I think) out west. The caterpillars were so thick in the Peace river valley that the trains couldn't make it up the slope because the squished caterpillars were so greasy.

Numbers way down. Killing 20 to 100 a day for the past week. Some pupae visible (really gross and squishy if you knock them down and crush them).

Back
Top Bottom