Guys with shoei helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Guys with shoei helmets

No. Do you lock your helmet to your bike? Use judgement when doing that.

From my house?....not really. Otherwise why would you ever be in a position where you are separated from your helmet?

No, but I have it strapped to my Ogio bag or carry it wherever I go. I was more worried about not being able to replace it in case anything happened or it wore down. Its a RF-1000 Crest and there's not too many of those around, but I managed to find a guy with one my size...

241907_2977776222923_99051463_o.jpg

IMG_3327.jpg

No not really, as it is either always with me or locked to the bike (although I rarely leave it on the bike). The only exception to this quick stops on grouprides, as the bike and helmet are in sight, and there's safety in numbers so to speak.

For example, having it at work all day at your desk.

Assuming the work place fairly huge.

I have my own office so a non-issue presently, but I am moving to a more 'open concept' location in the next week or so. Normally drive vs ride in to work, but if I did ride I'd probably hide my helmet or try to put it inside something that locks (I have a cabinet).

More than theft, I'd be worried about someone messing with it and somehow damaging it, without my knowledge.

Why does it have to be a Shoei helmet to worry about theft :confused:
I leave mine on display at work so everyone can see how awesome my helmet it.

Shoei - best thing that happened to me in the world of helmets. X12 for life!
I carry it with me all the time. Even when I'm not riding! :agave:

I lock it on my bike a lot...I'm not worried about it, it's really old now so I doubt people are interested. But who knows...I've seen riders on the street with some helmets in very bad conditions so they might want to "upgrade." Oh snap, never gonna lock it on the bike now....super worried.

OP, unless you know/trust everyone there, don't risk it...don't assume because you're all co-workers, that they're all cool.

years ago when I worked at a grocery superstore, I had my jacket stolen from the employee change room.

Last edited:
how does one LOCK their helmet to the bike???:confused: Bungee cords/chain and lock??

how does one LOCK their helmet to the bike???:confused: Bungee cords/chain and lock??

If you ride a modern sport or supersport, your trunk has hooks in it specifically for this. You slide on the short side of your strap (with the metal end), lock the trunk and your helmet's safe. The only way to steal it is to cut the strap, which wrecks the helmet and makes stealing pointless.

I'm sure plenty of non sport or SS bikes have something like this too, but I don't personally know them well enough to say for sure.

Which kinda begs the question... Has anyone ever had a helmet stolen while it was locked up this way?

Back
Top Bottom