guelph to toronto? | GTAMotorcycle.com

guelph to toronto?

deejizzle

Is there a scenic or somewhat fun road from Guelph? I've gotta pick up my new bike, and Im waiting to avoid the highways. I saw 7 is probably the easiest way... Looking forward to your suggestions.

Is there a scenic or somewhat fun road from Guelph? I've gotta pick up my new bike, and Im waiting to avoid the highways. I saw 7 is probably the easiest way... Looking forward to your suggestions.

I'm interested in this too.

I'm interested in this too.
There are several good ways to go. Depends on what part of toronto you are going to? North or south. Let me know and I can give you a couple ideas.

There are several good ways to go. Depends on what part of toronto you are going to? North or south. Let me know and I can give you a couple ideas.

I go from KW to downtown about twice per week... gf lives downtown.

Used to ride this all the time. Went to U of G, than I lived in Oakville for a while. Guelph Line is great.

There's a ton of ways to get out there, but I usually went (Guelph to Toronto) Gordon St. -> Wellington Rd 34 -> Guelph Line -> Your choice of westbound road from Burlington onward (usually was Dundas, but sometimes I went down to Lakeshore, or left Guelph Line early and headed down Britannia towards Mississauga).

etobicoke, 427/401.

I would take either Derry or Hwy 7 to trafalgar. That's the boring part. Than trafalgar to side rd 15. Take that to Guelph line. North on Guelph line, than left on side road 20 or its called hwy 34. Than make a right on Watson. It's nothing too exciting but a hell of a lot better than the 401

I ride this route often and it's fun but you will have to plot it yourself - it's worth it.

Victoria Rd South across the 401 and left and then wind your way to Campbellville Road through Campbellville at the Ice House, across and pick up Appleby ( if you are new rider be careful of the hairpin at Rattlesnake. ( you can avoid by turning left before the hairpin and going down Bell School instead - in some ways it's nicer. )
Then left on Burnamthorpe ( Derry sucks now ) over to 6th line - right to Lower baseline.
This is an enjoyable route then if you want you can go straight south down to the Lakeshore and into Toronto that way.
Just be cautious on the streetcar tracks on Lakeshore.

Alternative is pickup Twiss near Campbelleville and come south and pick up Cedar Springs, then SideRoad One across to Waterdown, down Snake Road and then to Lakeshore in Burlington.
You track back a bit but it's not far and worth while if you have time..

Derry and Trafalgar are totally boring. If you stick close to the Escarpment there are some nice small roads to explore.
One point - crossing Guelph Line on SR1 is tricky if it's busy and at the top as it climbs the Escarpment there is a very sharp left to negotiate - to get on the road to the backside of Waterdown.

If your going from 401/427 take Eglington across to sixth line (Eglington turns into lower base line after ninth line), go north on sixth line to Britannia then south on fourth line. Then west back on lower baseline. At end of the road go south on Tremaine rd to Dundas, then west on Dundas to Guelph Line. Head North on Guelph Line to Cambell Ave W (Just after the tracks) Go left. This will turn into Cambellville Rd. Follow to Brock rd (hwy 6). Go north on Brock. Now depending on what part of Guelph you live you could either continue north on Brock as it turns into Gordon st at Wellington road 34 and take it in or you can turn west on Wellington road 34 and take that to Hwy 6, etc. This is a long route but its fun and not that busy.

If your going from 401/427 take Eglington across to sixth line (Eglington turns into lower base line after ninth line), go north on sixth line to Britannia then south on fourth line. Then west back on lower baseline. At end of the road go south on Tremaine rd to Dundas, then west on Dundas to Guelph Line. Head North on Guelph Line to Cambell Ave W (Just after the tracks) Go left. This will turn into Cambellville Rd. Follow to Brock rd (hwy 6). Go north on Brock. Now depending on what part of Guelph you live you could either continue north on Brock as it turns into Gordon st at Wellington road 34 and take it in or you can turn west on Wellington road 34 and take that to Hwy 6, etc. This is a long route but its fun and not that busy.

I'm going the other way but thanks. I'm gunna track all these routes and take it into consideration. How bad is going down 7? I'd imagine it possibly being busy at around 8? Toronto bound of course.

I completely understand OP....Guelph to Toronto via 401 is so boring.

Back
Top Bottom