GTA Honda OEM dealer - Parts w/any discount | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA Honda OEM dealer - Parts w/any discount

Hey all..

Wondering if anyone knows of any Honda OEM parts dealer in the GTA that offers any % of discount on OEM parts?

Thanks all
You're lucky if they don't charge over book price. Unless it's a really big order you're likely S.O.L.
Snow City is as good as it gets.

There is a gtam member that works at a Honda car dealer and can get good prices on car parts. Not sure if that discount extends to bike parts nor if they want to get involved. I will let them out themselves if they want to help.

Honda OEM parts run at between 30% to 35% margin. They don't have a lot of room to give discounts if they want to stay in business.
People think businesses that sell an item for $100 pay $20 for it. That's just not the case.

Last edited:
Honda OEM parts run at between 30% to 35% margin. They don't have a lot of room to give discounts if the want to stay in business.
People think businesses that sell an item for $100 pay $20 for it. That's just not the case.
IF you're prepared to put together a big $$$ order and aren't in a rush that allows the dealer to enter it as a stocking order with Honda Canada.
I'm not certain what the current discount structure is but you MIGHT get 5-10% off retail if the dealer likes you.
The key words being NO RUSH.
OP - what bike/parts are you looking for ? If its 20+ years old you may be better off looking elsewhere.

Honda OEM parts run at between 30% to 35% margin. They don't have a lot of room to give discounts if the want to stay in business.
This. I didn't wanna be the one to say it (Honda parts guy here.) Discounts on riding gear? Sure. OEM parts? I'd like to stay gainfully employed, thx.

Makes sense. Like any business, establish a relationship and show you are a regular purchaser of parts etc. Then ask for an ongoing discount. Maybe Matt will say yes :)

No. He's saying the margin on parts just supports the selling of the parts. The margins on clothing and accessories is greater, and there's room for sales/discounts while still making a profit. Bicycles are the same. You won't get a substantial discount if at all on a (current) bicycle, but you will get stuff like helmets/clothing thrown in or at a deep discount with the purchase.

FYI margins vary wildly on gear, but yes they are on average higher than on OEM parts. Not by a ton.

The main difference is that the OEMs typically give us an annual return allowance for incidental returns/obsolete parts, whereas we're usually stuck with gear and aftermarket bits that don't sell.

I had my ST1100 for 18 years and ordered Honda parts from Dillon Brothers in Omaha, NE. Good prices and good service.

When a local Honda order was needed Milton Powersports has provided good service for me.

With the exchange rate the way it is there is often not a lot of savings by ordering in the U.S. so you have to check pricing before you order.

Just call around and ask. What's the worst they can say - no? The only dealer to ever offer me a discount on parts without me asking was Sturgess in Hamilton, but that was way back in 2013 so I'm sure things have changed.

Used Partzilla a lot when the dollar was better. Never had an issue with Snow City Cycle Marine in Scarborough, free shipping over $99

FYI margins vary wildly on gear, but yes they are on average higher than on OEM parts. Not by a ton.

The main difference is that the OEMs typically give us an annual return allowance for incidental returns/obsolete parts, whereas we're usually stuck with gear and aftermarket bits that don't sell.

Can you ship parts if we can't pickup? Any similar offers spending over a certain amount?

We ship parts all the time, that's not a problem.

I'll have to confer with my boss tomorrow to discuss an official shipping policy. As of right now we charge actual shipping cost from Canada Post and UPS. We do get a decent shipping discount.

Back
Top Bottom