GTA has some of the most boring / amazing motorcycle riding in the world. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA has some of the most boring / amazing motorcycle riding in the world.

The Point Abino thing has been a thorn in the side of Canadians for a long time.

A whole freakin peninsula privately owned by Americans with their million dollar "cottages" on it, with public property at the end, that they make insanely difficult to access. They "allow" a few busses a year for organized tours for which they soak the organizers thousands of dollars per year. They'll begrudgingly let you walk but you need to sign a legal document saying you do so at your own risk and peril.

But cars....GTFO. Unless of course you're an emergency vehicle or something in the case of an emergency, then hey, come on in, no problem.

It's been contentious for years and there's been more than a few plans to expropriate the road to allow the public to access to the lighthouse, but it never seems to happen.

Go by boat??

If I remember correctly the Sub is a guided tour($). Not sure if the tours are set by the number of people or by time. I was there two summers ago but didn't get a chance to go inside the sub because I didn't want to wait around.

Where is “the forks” I’ve always heard about it through this group and the Mustang club but don’t believe I’ve ever been.
You've heard of the Tail of the Dragon? Well, the Forks, is also known as the left testicle of the Dragon. It has so few turns and is so short, that most people, such as yourself, don't know about it. But for those who are close to it, and in the know, it has a big impact.

Go by boat??

No docks and rocky shoreline. I believe I read that the organization or whatever governmental body had spoke about building a dock but that was squashed by the locals as well for whatever reason.

The more you read about the whole Pt Abino situation the more you realize it's about the Americans keeping us peasants away from their enclave than anything else.

If I remember correctly the Sub is a guided tour($). Not sure if the tours are set by the number of people or by time. I was there two summers ago but didn't get a chance to go inside the sub because I didn't want to wait around.

Yes it is a guide tour and it runs on a fairly tight schedule - everyone must stay together in the sub, etc. Definitely worth the money although some of the guides (some actually served aboard) know a lot more than some of the other "reading from a sheet" guides.

Sounds like you're talking about Vancouver.

BC ≠ Vancouver

There's a whole province full of other towns and cities with different climates, attitudes, crime rates, etc. And it doesn't rain everywhere in the province. South Okanagan is technically a desert based on its low annual precipitation levels.

But yes, the gas and insurance are expensive everywhere in the province though...

Yes, correct, should have stated Vancouver, sorry, I'm sure other places are better.

I have been to Okanagan, Kelowna, Golden, Squamish, etc.. Didn't enjoy them, seemed very bland and full of tourists, just vacation homes, in and out traffic, and prices are not cheap either. I have looked at properties around BC, they are all expensive, and other than working in forestry or at subway, not sure what one does in the small towns for a living to support such prices.

That said, I do plan on moving to BC one day for the roads, views, and bald eagles (love them!), not sure where or how cause I'm broke here, si I'll be homeless there lol...

For Ontario, the best road I've experienced is the 518 in Muskoka. The other roads around it are fun as well. Check out some of Shane Kiingsley's routes in the riding routes forum.

For BC, I can't speak to the quality of variety of roads from a technical standpoint, but I did enjoy riding highway 3. The views out there are stunning too. The views do make even the straight roads more interesting.

That said, I do plan on moving to BC one day for the roads, views, and bald eagles (love them!), not sure where or how cause I'm broke here, si I'll be homeless there lol...

#vanlife is very popular because of the stratospheric cost of living.

However the VanLifers have recently had to abandon their lifestyle because all the amenities they use like public restrooms, showering at the gym, etc. are closed because of COVID-19.

#vanlife is very popular because of the stratospheric cost of living.

However the VanLifers have recently had to abandon their lifestyle because all the amenities they use like public restrooms, showering at the gym, etc. are closed because of COVID-19.

Who wipes? - VanLifers/ King Julian

Back
Top Bottom