GTA bmw mechanic | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTA bmw mechanic

"THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT MEET EMISSION COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS FOR STREET OR HIGHWAY USE."
Highly recommend you keep the old parts just incase you want to make it a street bike again.

Thanks Wingboy. Would there be any other shop? I'm willing to go Mississauga area to get the best deal or even personal mechanic.

Danny

Thanks Wingboy. Would there be any other shop? I'm willing to go Mississauga area to get the best deal or even personal mechanic.

Danny
I suspect Ken is the best. There are others that are also good. If you want a conscientious home-garage mechanic with a good track record @frekeyguy is great. He is in Brampton but can pick up/drop off bikes. I wouldn't say he specialized in BMW, but your job sounds mainly mechanical, I don't know if you need to poke the computer for the exhaust change.

What year bike are you getting? Are you trying to make power or just noise? Full system or slip-on only?

Ken is the only mechanic I trust for anything I don't want to do myself. If it's an exhaust that's designed specifically for your bike, you might want to consider installing it yourself. It's probably one of the simplest DIY projects. A slip-on is literally unbolting your stock muffler and bolting on the new one. A full system requires the additional removal of your side panels. Tuning difficulty will depend on whether you plan to use a canned tune, auto-tune, or dyno tune.

Ken is the only mechanic I trust for anything I don't want to do myself. If it's an exhaust that's designed specifically for your bike, you might want to consider installing it yourself. It's probably one of the simplest DIY projects. A slip-on is literally unbolting your stock muffler and bolting on the new one. A full system requires the additional removal of your side panels. Tuning difficulty will depend on whether you plan to use a canned tune, auto-tune, or dyno tune.
Thank. I might have this installed as well to lower the seat

Corsa doesnt do BMW work?

Also OP did you get any insurance quotes? Or is strictly for track use?

Of course it's for track use,
it would be highly illegal for a licensed motorcycle mechanic to remove the emission equipment from a street bike,
plus a potential 420$ fine and impound for the ride (y) modified S1000RR is a sweet track bike.

Of course it's for track use,
it would be highly illegal for a licensed motorcycle mechanic to remove the emission equipment from a street bike,
plus a potential 420$ fine and impound for the ride (y) modified S1000RR is a sweet track bike.
We know what you are concerned about. I get it. I don't disagree. But i have never heard of anyone losing their license or being fined, let alone being impounded.
I have heard of people with drag pipes getting tickets for excessive noise.

Popularity to defy the law will be the downfall of it.

Popularity to defy the law will be the downfall of it.
I suspect more than 50% of bikes on the street have off-road only exhaust. Occasionally there is a blitz but the govt gave up on enforcing regulations after manufature long ago. They'd rather tax and spend from a slush fund that do anything constructive regarding the environment.

I suspect more than 50% of bikes on the street have off-road only exhaust. ...
If they were to charge them all 420$ and pull the plates next year,
the guys with the OEM parts hanging on the garage wall will be way better off.
hence: Highly recommend you keep the old parts just incase you want to make it a street bike again.

... It's a top of the line BMW the bike should be in good shape when his grandkids want to restore it to ride it.

Not all accessory exhaust systems are off road only.I have a full Termi system on my Duc with no cat, race ecu and race airbox. Perfectly legal.

"Need to update the exhaust to akropovic"
That's where I got the quote about not for road use ymmv

If he finds one that meets current standards that would certainly be worth sharing.

Back
Top Bottom