Gsxr-600 not a SS? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gsxr-600 not a SS?

Vontwowheels

I was talking to a buddy at work who mentioned looking at a gsxr-600 for his wife, apparently cheap insurance, didn't add up but he said they're listed as a sport touring, atleast with his insurance.

I've looked at getting a 600 before but insurance held me back, 25, M2 (getting M in May) had my license for 4 years.
I did online quotes and it's coming within $5/mo of my CBR650.

I was quoting 2022s? Anyway now I'm thinking about an SS but I just can't see that being right

I was talking to a buddy at work who mentioned looking at a gsxr-600 for his wife, apparently cheap insurance, didn't add up but he said they're listed as a sport touring, atleast with his insurance.

I've looked at getting a 600 before but insurance held me back, 25, M2 (getting M in May) had my license for 4 years.
I did online quotes and it's coming within $5/mo of my CBR650.

I was quoting 2022s? Anyway now I'm thinking about an SS but I just can't see that being right
wait till he buys it for his wife, and comes on here posting about how he didnt know and how expensive it is, you can buy it from him then at a discount.

I'm 25 and just insured a GSXR 750 but looked at quotes for the 600 as well. Brokers were quoting me crazy good deals until they put the actual vin through and tried to write the policy. Just a heads up if you go through with buying the bike. Same age licensed for 6 years full M and I'm paying 3k a year full coverage even though I was being quoted 1800 a year...

I'm 25 and just insured a GSXR 750 but looked at quotes for the 600 as well. Brokers were quoting me crazy good deals until they put the actual vin through and tried to write the policy. Just a heads up if you go through with buying the bike. Same age licensed for 6 years full M and I'm paying 3k a year full coverage even though I was being quoted 1800 a year...
Thats what I assumed was going to happen, I just ordered parts for the cbr so it's likely here to stay for atleast a year (unless i see a killer deal)😅 but ill probably revisit this next year

Thats what I assumed was going to happen, I just ordered parts for the cbr so it's likely here to stay for atleast a year (unless i see a killer deal)😅 but ill probably revisit this next year
I'll let you know if I decide it's not worth paying so much for insurance and maybe I'll give you a killer deal 😂

It definitely is an SS, the online quote generator is gimmicky at best, and you should really call and get a quote using your driver's licence and bike vin

I used to do the quotes on M&W and the newest bikes were cheaper to insure than older bikes same model. I guess it was because the database was not updated, and it did not blacklist the bike as it did with the same model but older years. I also experienced some varying online quotes for a certain bike where a 2009 cost half of what a 2008 model went for (this was Daytona 675). I actually called and wanted to get this quote on paper, but they quickly realized it was an error in pricing.

The online quotes are useless, and inaccurate. I wouldn't buy any SS without getting a quote on black and white.

Back
Top Bottom