Gsx s1000? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gsx s1000?

CafeRay

Is Canada getting this bike? , European reviews have been stellar. I can't see it on the Suzie website, just the 750.

2015-Suzuki-GSX-S-1000-720x472.jpg

K7 powerplant... Looks very nice. Isn't the list price 8999 Euros? which would be around 12K CAD. I'm sure that would attract quite a few people.

Didn't know journalists had been riding this thing already, I am very interested in the GSX-1000F

I forgot the CB1000R even existed. Nobody serves up stale, reheated sportbike motors like Honda does. It's crazy but not surprising that it's already seven years old now

I forgot the CB1000R even existed. Nobody serves up stale, reheated sportbike motors like Honda does. It's crazy but not surprising that it's already seven years old now

They sell well in Europe. It "only" has 125hp, but the suspension and brakes are top shelf.
The bike is actually made in Italy.

At the motorcycle show I asked the guy at the suzuki tent whether they will get this bike and he said dealerships will probably start getting them in the summer.

They sell well in Europe. It "only" has 125hp, but the suspension and brakes are top shelf.
The bike is actually made in Italy.

It's not that it needs more than 125hp in it. It's that, in this day and age, why front with a 1000cc motor if you're gonna aim that low? Torque? Meh... you can still do fairly well in that department with a smaller motor. I think there was another reason I didn't like it, but it's been seven years so I've already forgotten. Probably the styling doesn't grab me.

It's not that it needs more than 125hp in it. It's that, in this day and age, why front with a 1000cc motor if you're gonna aim that low? Torque? Meh... you can still do fairly well in that department with a smaller motor. I think there was another reason I didn't like it, but it's been seven years so I've already forgotten. Probably the styling doesn't grab me.

The headlight DRL nacelle is not the best design. Kind of gaudy colors.

Is Canada getting this bike? , European reviews have been stellar. I can't see it on the Suzie website, just the 750.

2015-Suzuki-GSX-S-1000-720x472.jpg

MCN says this bike is buzzy and has less bottom end and midrange punch than it's competitors. It's saving grace is that it's also the least expensive.

It looks great.

Bumping this thread because MO reviewed it: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...i-gsx-s1000-gsx-s1000f-first-ride-review.html

Kinda tempers my excitement for this bike and I don't even know why. Dunno how seriously to take their suspension comments (they say it's harsh but they don't mention any attempt at adjusting it), and it's coming out that Suzuki eliminated the slipper clutch. That seems kinda dumb to me. Now I'm waiting for someone to try it against the Ninja 1000

I used to like the F version much better initially but after seeing those pics the S is quite nice indeed. I don't put much faith into these testers opinion of the suspension but I would pefer a more adjustable shock (maybe the shock from a R is a direct swap). The lack of a slipper isn't a big deal to me for the street. I sat on the s750 recently and liked it. Would really like a test-ride on this S.

Visor Down has reviews for the naked/faired. Slight preference to the faired (less front end lift on acceleration) but both feature a twitchy throttle that makes urban riding a nuisance. No luggage planned, apparently. Billed as a "comfortable sportbike", not a sport-tourer.

Bumping this thread because MO reviewed it: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...i-gsx-s1000-gsx-s1000f-first-ride-review.html

Kinda tempers my excitement for this bike and I don't even know why. Dunno how seriously to take their suspension comments (they say it's harsh but they don't mention any attempt at adjusting it), and it's coming out that Suzuki eliminated the slipper clutch. That seems kinda dumb to me. Now I'm waiting for someone to try it against the Ninja 1000

It's not in the same class as a Ninja 1000, maybe a Z1000.

"Fully adjustable suspension" is a bit of a crock, Any suspension is only adjustable within a certain weight range, after that, it requires springs and other upgrades, and Japanese bikes are notorious for great engines with weak suspension packages at the mid-low range, because people look at HP and torque, not handling.

Honestly, I've now learned to ignore media on bikes, because I've test ridden many bikes with opposite opinions of media...but I'm not getting paid for my "opinion".

Ninja 1000 and Z1000 are almost identical, as are the GSX-S1000 and GSX-S1000F. I just like to be comfortable on the highway, is all

What are the advantages of going naked compared to fairing? Cost? Comfort?

Comfort? Maybe more upright position but, wouldn't that be offset by more wind drag at speed?

Is it just a looks thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the advantages of going naked compared to fairing? Cost? Comfort?

Comfort? Maybe more upright position but, wouldn't that be offset by more wind drag at speed?

More upright, wider, higher bars, lower pegs. Better for city riding, or suburbia. The wind issue on highway is something you just get used to, as it is a motorcycle.
The nakes tend to retune the motors for less peak HP, but more torque. They also typically drop into a cheaper insurance bracket.
I rode the GSX-S750 and it is already more bike than anyone needs.

Demo one, you will get it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom