Gsx-r600 question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gsx-r600 question

johnnie_c

I just dropped my bike today (standin still) and after it was on its side for some time (no more than 10 secs)... It just shut off automatically. Is this normal?

Thanks

If you mean as in, it was running when you dropped it and then it shut off, it's likely normal. Many bikes have a tilt sensor and will shut off when dropped. Could maybe have flooded the engine too though, which might've given you some trouble starting back up.

Perfectly normal, but the tip-over sensor should have tripped and killed the engine much faster.

What year gixxer? I've glanced through a few service manuals and they all indicated a tip-over sensor, 10 seconds sounds like the fuel delivery failed with gravity working the wrong way.

There's a tip-over sensor that should have cut the engine much sooner, but they're very prone to failure.

Would suck if one was mis-calibrated and went off every time you leaned too hard

They're usually bypassed on race bikes to prevent faulty sensors from causing problems.

I think this bike is broken and you should sell off the parts to members on the site.

Agreed - we'll start by parting out his fairings, headlamps, etc. (I call dibs).

Tomorrow we move into that obviously damaged motor.

Back
Top Bottom