Gs750es year question he | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gs750es year question he

the folks here are only trying to save you some grief
an 80's project has many pitfalls..starting w insurance if modified from stock

maybe something like that yamaha 600 ..but at 3500 its overpriced imo. its a cult bike and priced like it. nice bike though.

maybe look at kawa's zepyhr 550 from the early 90's - its got an 80's look and good technology for cheap.
just keeping an old bike in top stock nic is going to be a project- but I like!

I see 2600 american dollars for a nice clean running enthusiast cafe racer type one owner motorcycle as pretty good. He might pay all of that for just insurance on the 4 cylinder bike.

...is that headlight installed upside down
The shell is, that half fairing would not normally have one, had to be customized.

I bet that's not a slow bike, I'd put it up against the GS400 any day.

"Comes with all original parts." That means it comes with the rare OEM pipe as well as the hottest aftermarket pipe ever made for that bike!
... the mirrors do suck.

Last edited:

maybe something like that yamaha 600 ..but at 3500 its overpriced imo. its a cult bike and priced like it. nice bike though.

maybe look at kawa's zepyhr 550 from the early 90's - its got an 80's look and good technology for cheap.

Zephyrs do randomly show up on Kijiji for cheap, might not be a bad idea

455 pounds vs 380 pounds.
By comparison to an I-4 the single will handle like a big dirt bike with clipons

...is that headlight installed upside down

I think it is a Lucas headlight off a '60s Triumph or Norton.It would have an ammeter in that hole. It goes well with the fairing of the same vintage.
The paint is kinda wonky though....
The SRX is a great bike, probably the best of the big street singles

Hello.

I found someone selling a 1986 Suzuki gs750es. Most parts catalogs only show up to year 1979 and others 1983. Is there a 1986 model and if yes where can I find parts for it? Or interchange between other years and models?

Thanks

make your way over here

lot’s of info

i didn’t do the cafe racer but I did a full rebuild

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciating all the input. My budget is low because I just want a project to pass the time and get the satisfaction of getting something working. I'm not too worried about older bikes as I have mechanical background. I want something <$1000. I don't plan on doing much riding. I do want something that has plenty of availability of parts though.

I did some quotes for different older bikes they're all under $150/month which is not bad imo

Don't get me wrong, I'm appreciating all the input. My budget is low because I just want a project to pass the time and get the satisfaction of getting something working. I'm not too worried about older bikes as I have mechanical background. I want something <$1000. I don't plan on doing much riding. I do want something that has plenty of availability of parts though.

I did some quotes for different older bikes they're all under $150/month which is not bad imo
Online quotes are useless. Honestly. Asking your dog for pricing will probably be just as accurate. Call an actual insurance company or broker.

look at lots of bikes, and then look at more again. a big plus you're mechanically inclined.
subscribed!

Online quotes are useless. Honestly. Asking your dog for pricing will probably be just as accurate. Call an actual insurance company or broker.
I will, right after I ask my dog. I found a cheap 81 gs650 that cranks but doesn't start I think I'll go with that.

Look out for the project thread that I'll start soon after I get it ;)

...Or the classifieds section

Back
Top Bottom