Grom with 1199 Panigale R Engine?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Grom with 1199 Panigale R Engine?!

OSIRIS_001

Site Supporter
By: Janaki Jitchotvisut (Source: RideApart)

Felt cute, might burst into flames later.
When you’re an engineer, and you love tinkering with motorcycles in your spare time, you create some amazing work that no one else probably would have attempted. I mean, one look at Allen Millyard’s YouTube channel should have amply illustrated this universal truth.
We’re not here to talk about Millyard, although we probably could talk about his work all day. No, instead, we’re here to talk about one particular project by another engineer named Mario Kleff. As the story goes, he’s an engineer who lives and works in Thailand and loves messing about with motorcycles for fun. Small-displacement bikes like the Honda MSX125 (or Grom, as the U.S. calls it) are super popular.

Big bikes, or bikes over 400cc, aren’t nearly as common, and are subject to higher taxes and fees than the smaller-displacement bikes that a large portion of the public rides. That baby Honda engine only makes a paltry 9 horsepower, and Kleff decided that simply wouldn’t do. So, he did what any self-respecting maniac with a bunch of skills and a whole lot of free time would do: he decided to stuff a Ducati 1199 Panigale R engine into that unsuspecting Grom

I'm waiting for the one time he dumps the clutch accidentally...

giphy.gif

By: Janaki Jitchotvisut (Source: RideApart)

Felt cute, might burst into flames later.
When you’re an engineer, and you love tinkering with motorcycles in your spare time, you create some amazing work that no one else probably would have attempted. I mean, one look at Allen Millyard’s YouTube channel should have amply illustrated this universal truth.
We’re not here to talk about Millyard, although we probably could talk about his work all day. No, instead, we’re here to talk about one particular project by another engineer named Mario Kleff. As the story goes, he’s an engineer who lives and works in Thailand and loves messing about with motorcycles for fun. Small-displacement bikes like the Honda MSX125 (or Grom, as the U.S. calls it) are super popular.

Big bikes, or bikes over 400cc, aren’t nearly as common, and are subject to higher taxes and fees than the smaller-displacement bikes that a large portion of the public rides. That baby Honda engine only makes a paltry 9 horsepower, and Kleff decided that simply wouldn’t do. So, he did what any self-respecting maniac with a bunch of skills and a whole lot of free time would do: he decided to stuff a Ducati 1199 Panigale R engine into that unsuspecting Grom

Yeah, old hat but a good story. ?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Damn. That was really well done. It should have a higher top speed than the full size bike. The frontal area is cut in half. I'm not sure if anyone has enough stones or skill to go over 300 with a wheelbase that short and suspension that outgunned but there's always one in the crowd that is willing to try.

Back
Top Bottom