Green plated to blue plated | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Green plated to blue plated

Update; I emailed the dealer I bought it off and they need to take the bike back and give me some forms to bring to service Ontario, thank god I am able to switch it !! Thanks everyone for your help

NVIS is New Vehicle Information Sheet.
The dealer MUST have that to register a new machine without having to provide a fitness certificate.
That hasn't changed in decades.

good to know as im on a mission to find one i can bother that is willing to check off the street legal box or w/e on that sheet as im not a fan of new to me anymore lol

good to know as im on a mission to find one i can bother that is willing to check off the street legal box or w/e on that sheet as im not a fan of new to me anymore lol
You can't - its coded into the VIN and the NVIS. Service Ontario will catch it,

whats coded into the vin exactly and what are they catching..? iv seen beta rrs and ktm six days and what not and yzfxs being sold before registered for the road from dealerships which means that nvis is probably the loophole or a part of it and since they got to have one im pretty sure that means i can have one to

theres no way people have that many friends in all the right places to let things slide like that lol there is a way and i shall be a part of it

whats coded into the vin exactly and what are they catching..? iv seen beta rrs and ktm six days and what not and yzfxs being sold before registered for the road from dealerships which means that nvis is probably the loophole or a part of it and since they got to have one im pretty sure that means i can have one to

theres no way people have that many friends in all the right places to let things slide like that lol there is a way and i shall be a part of it

Low-key necro here...

Just the other day I came across a YZ250X with blue plate ownership! I thought that was impossible to pull that for Japanese bikes since they supposedly closed the loopholes in 2007...

Low-key necro here...

Just the other day I came across a YZ250X with blue plate ownership! I thought that was impossible to pull that for Japanese bikes since they supposedly closed the loopholes in 2007...

There are ways. It can be revoked even if you originally get it blue plated.

Blue plated full on motocross 2-stroke with number plates :unsure:
I would love to hear the road side conversation with the OPP officer.

I rescued an old Yamaha WR from the '90s, having thought it was a regular green plate bike. After getting the VIN history printout from the MTO I discovered it was originally dual-purpose motorcycle registered. I wish to return the bike to that status but who knows.

I rescued an old Yamaha WR from the '90s, having thought it was a regular green plate bike. After getting the VIN history printout from the MTO I discovered it was originally dual-purpose motorcycle registered. I wish to return the bike to that status but who knows.

Once a grandfathered blue plate bike is converted to a green it can not ever be changed back

? That's unfortunate. I wish that the rationale behind these bylaws was available, I would very much enjoy combing through it.

Blue plated full on motocross 2-stroke with number plates :unsure:
I would love to hear the road side conversation with the OPP officer.
My 2 stroke is blue plated. Was never supposed to be street legal but the Aprilia dealer made them all street legal when he imported them. He told me he got in a lot of trouble from the MTO when they found out. They didn't revoke it on the bikes he'd already sold, though.

My 2 stroke is blue plated. Was never supposed to be street legal but the Aprilia dealer made them all street legal when he imported them. He told me he got in a lot of trouble from the MTO when they found out. They didn't revoke it on the bikes he'd already sold, though.
Keep it forever and cherish it.

Know a guy with a CR500 blue plated. Gotta be careful on that one.
I imagine that one has lights, signals, little DOT side reflectors, mirrors, speedometer, horn, emergency front and rear light that can stay on 20 minutes after it's turned off, cat converter exhaust that meets sound ordinance and rides on DOT tyres :unsure:

I imagine that one has lights, signals, little DOT side reflectors, mirrors, speedometer, horn, emergency front and rear light that can stay on 20 minutes after it's turned off, cat converter exhaust that meets sound ordinance and rides on DOT tyres :unsure:

o_O:ROFLMAO:

?:I how would you not wheelie with such a thing as a 500cc 2-stroke MX bike with short wheelbase and a close ratio gearbox,
would it even be possible to overcome the urge ?

?:I how would you not wheelie with such a thing as a 500cc 2-stroke MX bike with short wheelbase and a close ratio gearbox,
would it even be possible to overcome the urge ?

On the bright side you only need a front tire for every 5 rears

For real though, its a handful. You don't have as much on grip on dirt either, on supermoto wheels on pavement its a whole different ballgame

Back
Top Bottom