Green Plate registration for never registered 2008 dirt bike with multiple previous owners? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Green Plate registration for never registered 2008 dirt bike with multiple previous owners?

Msowsun

I am looking to buy a 2008 Honda dirt bike that is not green plated, and never has been.

The current owner says he has a "letter" from the previous owner. Is it still possible to get "green plate" registration in my name? What kind of paperwork would be involved?

I am looking to buy a 2008 Honda dirt bike that is not green plated, and never has been.

The current owner says he has a "letter" from the previous owner. Is it still possible to get "green plate" registration in my name? What kind of paperwork would be involved?
It can be done do you happen to have the nvis and original bill of sale?

Sent from my couch using my thumbs

The seller is going to try and find the paperwork that he has for it, but I doubt he has the New Vehicle Information Statement, or the original bill of sale.

I once bought an 07 WR250F from a guy who moved to Ontario from B.C. His bill of sale was not enough and I had to fill out some kind of form and then get a bill of sale from the previous owner who was the original purchaser in B.C. It was a big hassle but I eventually did get Green Plate registration for it.

Ya man, he's saying there is no ownership and no original bill of sale. In the eyes of the law it is about the same as owning a chainsaw.

I think you need to start with a title search of the VIN through DMV and if nobody ever reported it stolen I think you can proceed with paying all the taxes and filling in all the paperwork associated with the green plate acquisition.

Affidavit.

And the right "rural MTO office" that commonly deals with this sort of thing.

Get it stamped by a notary, all legal like.

Its a hassle.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom