GP BIKES 2014 Trackdays | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP BIKES 2014 Trackdays

Gpbikes

Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
may 19th is just around the corner
gp bikes is holding our 1st track day at the new revised (rdt) track at Canadian tire motorsports park
register online or by phone
www.gpbikes.com (905) 428 8983

may 19th is just around the corner
gp bikes is holding our 1st track day at the new revised (rdt) track at Canadian tire motorsports park
register online or by phone
www.gpbikes.com (905) 428 8983
$190, great price. You allow engine ice too. See you there.

Since when is engine ice not considered coolant?

The statement on the GP Bikes page is contradictory. They do not allow coolant but do allow "Engine Ice". This is probably an error, from the confusion caused during the sponsorship days in AMA. The AMA banned ethylene glycol based coolant, but allowed propylene glycol, therefore “Engine Ice”. This has since changed; all glycol based coolants are now disallowed under AMA rules.

There is no contradiction or confusion. We do accept Engine Ice or watter wetter.
The big deal about coolant getting coolant on the track is not only its slick nature but also the clean up is very hard and time consuming.
However Engine Ice is still slick but yet a lot easier and less time consuming of a clean up
The slick nature of engine ice is similar going to be the same as riding in any wet condition but this product is bio degradeable and easy to clean

There is no contradiction or confusion. We do accept Engine Ice or watter wetter.
The big deal about coolant getting coolant on the track is not only its slick nature but also the clean up is very hard and time consuming.
However Engine Ice is still slick but yet a lot easier and less time consuming of a clean up
The slick nature of engine ice is similar going to be the same as riding in any wet condition but this product is bio degradeable and easy to clean

Pretty much taken from the Engine Ice sales sheet. Most of which turned out to be BS. (does not have greatly improved heat transfer properties, does not flow better, does not dry to a powder, does not dry with no residue)
I know of propylene glycol from the industrial side. Propylene glycol is glycol, just as slippery as ethylene glycol. In fact, it is used as a lubricant.
Cleanup for propylene glycol is similar to ethylene glycol (absorbent, detergent) except that after the detergent scrub and absorbent it can be power washed with water without fear of toxic run-off. Don't expect a quick clean up.

Crappy weather aside, I'll probably skip the day knowing a bike full of coolant is on the track with a crash prone rider.

Pretty much taken from the Engine Ice sales sheet. Most of which turned out to be BS. (does not have greatly improved heat transfer properties, does not flow better, does not dry to a powder, does not dry with no residue)
I know of propylene glycol from the industrial side. Propylene glycol is glycol, just as slippery as ethylene glycol. In fact, it is used as a lubricant.
Cleanup for propylene glycol is similar to ethylene glycol (absorbent, detergent) except that after the detergent scrub and absorbent it can be power washed with water without fear of toxic run-off. Don't expect a quick clean up.

Crappy weather aside, I'll probably skip the day knowing a bike full of coolant is on the track with a crash prone rider.

Im sorry to hear that engine ice is the reason that you would not attend but may I remind you that there are other slick lubricants in your bike that can not be changed out for any other substitutions
that every bike on the planet is running in them
the risk factor of engine ice is minimal and I have not seen it to be a contributing problem to track safety.

58415ab66769a3919b6deb7446b33abd.jpg

Running sumo's in a 4th group or sticking wih the 3 groups?

That's a relief. I thought it might be a special class for fat guys wearing diapers.

LOL... there's a costume idea for the Thanksgiving/Hallowe'en round of SOAR this year. ;)
Wouldn't be the weirdest one there (see behind me)

1091554_398300453608158_160522094_n.jpg

Online registration will close at 6pm friday may 16th
you will only be able to register by phone
until end day saturday 905 428 8983 ask for will

Back
Top Bottom