Got vintage? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got vintage?

Schneller

Site Supporter
I'm into old bikes. The ones that were around during my high school days. I love the naked styling and relatively simple mechanics (compared to modern bikes.)

heres a pic of one of mine. Interestingly, BMW came out with this model R90/6 (an update of the venerable R75/5) in order to compete with the Honda CB750.

63a075b0758246491d5572c9721d41ad.jpg

Last edited:
ah yes old beauties!!! unlike todays lookalikes lol.
I too have two cb750s in my barn 71 complete and 74 both up in running.

Beauty!!! When I was 15, the bike I wanted to buy as my first bike was the 350 twin. My father insisted I get the CD175 instead. Rode this for a couple of years. I remember freezing riding home from high school football practices.

a4y8u9y4.jpg

My daily ride. '69 CB350. She requires lots of love.

Ohhhhhhh man, that's the bike I want to end up on. Getting so much flack wanting to start on it as a new rider, so going with a 250 Honda for now. (Though the styling of the cb200's is more my jam.)
Absolutely gorgeous, and if you passed me on the street I'd openly stare.

Perfect thread for me. These are the bikes of my youth. I remember the first GSXR coming out and thinking WTF? Heck, the first Interceptors and GPZ bikes are still pretty naked by today's standards.

This is my present ride. A 1981 Honda CB 750 Custom:

Thankfully there are some beautiful new retro bikes. Triumph Bonneville, Bonneville T100, Triumph Scrambler, Triumph Thruxton, MotoGuzzi V7, Honda CB 1100. Wish Suzuki would bring back a GS, Yamaha a naked Seca, Kawi a KZ...

I guess I should put the HD Sportsters into this mix as well.

@ Schneller. If it is vintage you want to see, you mentioned showing up up the Still in the Game ride this Sunday at Famous Sams. I recommend you just go around back of the place instead of out front where we meet. Plenty of vintage bikes there every Sunday. CVMG.

'79 kz400h LTD

Last edited:
Thanks 7up, I've been there a few times. I may come by tomorrow to say hi but the Muskoka ride sounds a bit long, (in that I have to drive my daughter to work at 4pm), and I'm thinking of going to see the vintage races at Mosport.

Last edited:
Thanks 7up, I've been there a few times. I may come by tomorrow to say hi but the Muskoka ride sounds a bit long, (in that I have to drive my daughter to work at 4pm), and I'm thinking of going to see the vintage races at Mosport.

Wuss!!!

I'm into old bikes. The ones that were around during my high school days. I love the naked styling and relatively simple mechanics (compared to modern bikes.)

heres a pic of one of mine. Interestingly, BMW came out with this model R90/6 (an update of the venerable R75/5) in order to compete with the Honda CB750.

63a075b0758246491d5572c9721d41ad.jpg

I was originally looking for an R90/6 or something similar when I was buying bikes, but I wound up falling in love with an '86 K75c, which I still have. Some of the K bikes have big bulky fairings, but mine has very little, which I love.

I love that kind of styling. The early 70's to the very early 80's is just my favourite era for bike looks. There are a couple of other such bikes that have interested me, like the Norton Commando and the 1971 Kawasaki A1 Samurai (after they changed from the 60's-style "toaster" tank to a more "modern" gas tank design).

That CB350's a beautiful bike too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Living in the past? Yup, glory days.

The older we get, the greater we were.

i think that on a modern bike I'd just kill myself.

Thanks for the tip. I swung by on my ride. Now I need another 'ol bike to turn into a racer.

I've owned this old beast for 35 years and it's almost finished.........lol

Another classic classic!

Decided I needed to become more mechanically inclined and didn't want to be tampering with my daily ride, so bought an old '72 CB350 that hadn't been started in years and the Haynes and Clymer manuals for her - spent a small fortune in shipping and a few dollars in parts and got her running again.

Not certified yet, but real close. She cleaned up real nice.

1972HondaCB350_25Jun13a.jpg

1972HondaCB350_25Jun13c.jpg

I was originally looking for an R90/6 or something similar when I was buying bikes, but I wound up falling in love with an '86 K75c, which I still have. Some of the K bikes have big bulky fairings, but mine has very little, which I love.
+1 on the classic BMW K-bikes. I've got two of them -- a K100RT and K75 naked. Love the K75. Smooth as silk and reliable like an appliance. The K100 is buzzy by comparison. I'm in the midst of customizing the K75 which will give it a '60s style using the design clues prevalent in the R90/6 that started this thread.

I love the looks of classic 50s, 60s and 70s European bikes.

Back
Top Bottom