Got renewal notice. Surprising drop. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got renewal notice. Surprising drop.

koorosh

Just got my renewal notice from TD. My rate has dropped from 150$ to 130$ per month liability only.

39 year old male in downtown Toronto. G since 2004. M2 since 2010. clean record. Home and auto insured with TD.

Bike : 07 Busa.

I still hope I can find a better rate by shopping around.

M2 in 2010 and riding a 'busa -- you're the one ripping TD off ;)

I have actually had my car with them for the last 3 years and in fact had a decrease in car insurance as well. It does not always stay like that Viffer, one way or another, there will be time to rip me off too.:rolleyes:

I actually just switched over to TD. $34/month for my DL650 as opposed to the $86/month SF wanted.

Just got my renewal notice from TD. My rate has dropped from 150$ to 130$ per month liability only.

39 year old male in downtown Toronto. G since 2004. M2 since 2010. clean record. Home and auto insured with TD.

Bike : 07 Busa.

I still hope I can find a better rate by shopping around.

Did you check the details of the policy they sent you? It likely went down because you are now getting less coverage. Some insurers are automatically lowering rates as a result of rulings that reduced the minimum liability you must have.

Have you called Primmum?

I just got quoted $1,022/year on my 600RR for PLPD + Collision. :) 38 years old, live in Brampton (highest rates in the province), full M since 2007.

Have you called Primmum?

I just got quoted $1,022/year on my 600RR for PLPD + Collision. :) 38 years old, live in Brampton (highest rates in the province), full M since 2007.

To use Primmum service you need to be solely a member of certain associations, otherwise it will not provide you any quote.

Did you check the details of the policy they sent you? It likely went down because you are now getting less coverage. Some insurers are automatically lowering rates as a result of rulings that reduced the minimum liability you must have.

My liability has gone down from 2M to 1M.

I just signed up with The Personal, as they had some discounts with my employer. House, 2 cars with them as well. $403/yr liability only for 02 Katana 600, down from $550/yr last year with Jevco. I asked for a 06 Busa quote (I was curious just in case I might get one), and liability only it was double at $807/yr, however you need special approvals from their risk people apparently. Still not too bad, might go for a Busa :). 32, married, clean record, full M last year.

To use Primmum service you need to be solely a member of certain associations, otherwise it will not provide you any quote.

new changes? this is my second season with them and i have not been asked such a thing!

Just checked the rates for Primmum (putting an imaginary member of a group to get a quote) and the rate was 2740$ per year.

Still more than my current 1800$ a year (liability 1M and comprehensive with 500$ deductible) with TD.

I started with Primmum and also never had to be part of a group. Try this page...http://www.tdinsurance.com/rv/moto/ "none of the above" is an option to that question. That being said, when I renewed and found I was part of a group that Melloche recognized my premium went down a huge amount. So, still with TD but now with TD Melloche. It pays to shop around.

A reduction in your premiums????

Where's GYMPY when you need him this might just renew his faith in the insurance industry, of course he'd twist it around to something like this.....You were getting really ripped off last year and only a little ripped off now. I think poor old GYMPY thinks that unless insurance is free it's too expensive.

dude dont cancel ur insurance i made that mistake and now well. i aint riding lol. went from 1200 to 2700/yr (full cvg Im 23 this year ) :p and we have 4 cars plus house with them.
(i have an sv650)

Last edited:
With primmum you're allowed to use none of the above in the list of members, I'm assuming the rate is different by a slight amount, but I'm still looking for a bike and haven't tried primmum seeing as TD uses their quoting service anyway

Back
Top Bottom