Got My First Bike! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got My First Bike!

Lane

Hey guys i recently got a 2015 CBR300R and have the M2 course scheduled for next week! Since almost no insurance companies are willing to insure an M1 rider ive just been putting around my neighbourhood and parking lots practicing my turning, stop and go, and changing gears (gotta remember what gear im in cause no indicator). I see a lot of people saying that 300s are fun for only a few months but tbh i can see myself riding this thing for a while! Anyways just here to share my excitement haha

Congrats. Great choice of bike. Now stop riding it until you get insurance. The last thing you need is a $5000 ticket and your insurance doubling for the next bunch of years. Take the course, get insurance, have fun.

congrats

IMO, 300 cc bikes are fun to ride as they do not "overwhelm".
I have been on group rides in which the 500 cc and below bikes (in expert hands) have easily kept up with the 600cc plus bikes (this, on the Rattlesnake & Walker's line, route).
The only downside is that if longer ride touring becomes part of the equation.

Congratz! Them's fun bikes! I had the 250r for a chunk of time, I miss it sometimes.
But doubling up with the above, although unllikely, I am assuming you don't have plates without insurance, that is a hefty price to pay before you even start riding!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Congratz! Them's fun bikes! I had the 250r for a chunk of time, I miss it sometimes.
But doubling up with the above, although unllikely, I am assuming you don't have plates without insurance, that is a hefty price to pay before you even start riding!!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
yeah that makes sense, i thought since its just a regular old suburb neighbourhood id be fine but ill just wait!

Congrats on the bike and welcome to riding!

I'll echo what others have said...300s are awesome. I honestly regret selling mine, wish I had kept it. Bigger bikes have their obvious perks over the smaller ones but you can use so much more of a 300s performance on the street than anything 600 and up. It's way more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Enjoy learning on it and please wear the best gear you can afford.

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the hobby.

Be very cautious about riding around your neighbourhood unplated and uninsured. It only takes one Karen on your street to call the police on you and next thing you know you're going to have a very bad day.

Congrats on the bike and welcome to riding!

I'll echo what others have said...300s are awesome. I honestly regret selling mine, wish I had kept it. Bigger bikes have their obvious perks over the smaller ones but you can use so much more of a 300s performance on the street than anything 600 and up. It's way more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Enjoy learning on it and please wear the best gear you can afford.
Thanks! Got myself a helmet, gloves, jacket, riding boots, no pants though since i can't really afford that atm so regular jeans it is for now!

wow there are some party poopers around huh

Everybody says they won't get caught...until they do. Case in point, GreyGhost's post above. All it takes is one phone call from a disgruntled neighbour and you're cooked.

Those tickets will set you back 5+ digits.

Suit yourself.

wow there are some party poopers around huh
Cops will hand you one hell of a reality check, no one wants to be that person or see anyone else get one.

Back
Top Bottom