Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got my first bike! 2009 Ninja 250r

Finally got my first bike! Its a 2009 Ninja 250r. Picked it up a few days ago off a member of east end riders.. Now comes the wait for spring time so i can insure it!. 19 years old, but my m2 is now officially 1 year old so jevco gives me a reasonable rate.

I am in the exact same boat as you with a 125 :p I'm 20 and my M1/M2 matures to 1 year in Jan.

This is the problem with insurances, some of these guys will get huge breaks once their licenses mature to 1 year but are they better riders when they haven't log in a single km with their bikes in their garages? I don't get it

nothing against you guys

This is the problem with insurances, some of these guys will get huge breaks once their licenses mature to 1 year but are they better riders when they haven't log in a single km with their bikes in their garages? I don't get it

nothing against you guys

Exactly. If anything, I would consider a new rider to be less of a risk RIGHT AFTER they got their M2 through a ministry approved course. Apparantly sitting at home for 1 year, letting newly learned skills get rusty, makes you less of a risk (Y).

I want the option of opting out of Accident Benefits. Yeah sure, what if I crash and get injured and can't wipe my *** for the rest of my life and have inadequate coverage to cover me... but thats a risk I want to have the right to be able to take. Offer me insurance where I am responsible for ALL damages incurred to MYSELF. IE: My left arm is chopped off in an accident, my problem.

/endrant.
Back to sitting on the bike making revving noises. Carry on.

Finally got my first bike! Its a 2009 Ninja 250r. Picked it up a few days ago off a member of east end riders.. Now comes the wait for spring time so i can insure it!.

Does that mean u dont have to insure the bike if ur not riding it??? Im a noob so I just wanna make sure =P

Does that mean u dont have to insure the bike if ur not riding it??? Im a noob so I just wanna make sure =P

Yup, You dont need insurance unless the bike is on the road. Simply transfer the OWNERSHIP of the vehicle into your name, and you legally own it then. The MTO will NOT issue you plates though. I would have gotten insurance on it through the winter (theft), but its locked up in a private garage, blocked in by 2 cars that dont move all during winter + alarm system, so I`ll just do all that paperwork in the spring

nothing against you guys

Well I did take the learning curves course :p

I've officially hit the point where I sit on the bike in the garage and make revving noises -_-
This is gonna be one long winter.

How true ... I just bought a 1999 Shadow (my first cruiser). Took it around the block on Friday when it arrived and pretty much put it away for the winter. ...but yes, I do go out into the garage (AKA the stable) and have a seat on it every once in a while. I'm sure the revving noises will follow very shortly. ;)

Back
Top Bottom