Got A squeak coming from rear break. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got A squeak coming from rear break.

I got a squeak comign from my rear disk brakes...i got a 2011 ninja 250r...it seems to be coming from the pads everytime a section of the disk passes through...and it can get annoying at high speeds...i dont know if its because there new or if its a bigger problem..ive tried spraying them down with disk break cleaner but no improvements..any help?

I got a squeak comign from my rear disk brakes...i got a 2011 ninja 250r...it seems to be coming from the pads everytime a section of the disk passes through...and it can get annoying at high speeds...i dont know if its because there new or if its a bigger problem..ive tried spraying them down with disk break cleaner but no improvements..any help?

Is there a wobble in your disc?
Put your wheel on a stand and spin wheel by hand

Pad(s) that might not have correct installation hardware like clips and shims properly installed could be causing a high vibration squeal. Have the dealer look into it. I would be checking for correctly installed shims and clips. Pads should not be permitted to move freely from the caliper housing and piston. They should also have anti-vibration shims correctly adhered to allow dampening of any high-vibration that may occur as pads are engaging the disc. The adhesive is like a rubbery compound which adheres and provides dampening between pads and caliper housing and/or piston. Good luck. Cheers!

Pad(s) that might not have correct installation hardware like clips and shims properly installed could be causing a high vibration squeal. Have the dealer look into it. I would be checking for correctly installed shims and clips. Pads should not be permitted to move freely from the caliper housing and piston. They should also have anti-vibration shims correctly adhered to allow dampening of any high-vibration that may occur as pads are engaging the disc. The adhesive is like a rubbery compound which adheres and provides dampening between pads and caliper housing and/or piston. Good luck. Cheers!

thanks i will look into that.

Back
Top Bottom