Got a good Wawanesa agent? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got a good Wawanesa agent?

this is the quote i got from 3d waw. agent
cars are way overpriced, but look at the bike !!:oops:

PDFconvert1
PDFconvert2

i really have no idea whats going on and why everything is different with the same company
Have they actually checked with the underwriter ? I was getting amazing quotes too few years ago, just like you did. But when it came time for me to finally purchase a SS, I called the same agent again, who called the underwriters and they refused.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you ? A range would do. Thanks

Sounds like different brokers are quoting different rates - shouldn't they all be the same?

Sounds like different brokers are quoting different rates - shouldn't they all be the same?
That's the joys of the insurance business, part of the lack of transparency. I call as mamy companies as I can to get different rates every year, but almost every insurer ends up the cheapest quote for me with Aviva, and the range varies by like $1000-1500 difference between the higher end to lower end, all with Aviva. So yeah, different brokers get different numbers with the same information.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Have they actually checked with the underwriter ? I was getting amazing quotes too few years ago, just like you did. But when it came time for me to finally purchase a SS, I called the same agent again, who called the underwriters and they refused.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you ? A range would do. Thanks

Looking at other post he was 33 2yrs ago.

To anyone looking for decent insurance. I just got my bike insured finally. Triumph Street Triple R.

M2 since october last year. 26 clean record.

every company was averaging at 3900-4500 a year if they would insure and most were asking for 6 years full M...lol ok sure.

Managed to get insured for $1739 a year with Desjardins through agentmo.com

Mitchel and Whale wouldnt touch me, td wouldnt touch me, when i called desjardens directly they wanted 4k lol.

give them a shot.
Surprised it would make such a huge difference between going with an agent vs. Desjardins directly. Did the agent send you the insurance slip already ? I've had agents go back on me before.

I'm with Desjardins / formerly State Farm. But my vehicle insurance slip says Certas Home and Auto. I was quoted $900 for my Hyper but thought I'd look around and got it $80 less from Scotia Life. Interestingly, the slip says Certas Direct. Talk about a shell game.

Also I heard back from Dalton Timmis and their quote for the Hyper was $200 more through Intact. I asked about Wawanessa but they never answered, just asked me to move my car and home over for a better quote. That $820 quote above was just for the bike whereas the $900 quote was Desjardins where I have everything else - cars, other bikes, home, umbrella.

I paid $544 for my gsxr 750, liability + fire/theft. I did bring my rental and auto insurance to them. Auto dropped as well. However, rental was a bit more than other companies. But when you combine everything, it was a lot less than other companies. 30+ M here, M for 3 years and continuous motorcycle insurance history for 6 years.

To anyone looking for decent insurance. I just got my bike insured finally. Triumph Street Triple R.

M2 since october last year. 26 clean record.

every company was averaging at 3900-4500 a year if they would insure and most were asking for 6 years full M...lol ok sure.

Managed to get insured for $1739 a year with Desjardins through agentmo.com

Mitchel and Whale wouldnt touch me, td wouldnt touch me, when i called desjardens directly they wanted 4k lol.

give them a shot.

Can't call till Monday so thought I'd ask, in case you have any idea: Do you have any idea what kind of rates someone in the same situation would pay at 23 years old? I've been riding for 3 years now on a Ninja 650 and want to move up to my dream bike, the cbr600 (rr preferably but f4i works too). However, I called Desjardins (who I am with now and get great rates on my 650) and they said they don't insure 'that bike' - meaning the 600f4i). But would this be a case of the specific agent you speak with? I know they are different bikes, but the triple r is up there in horsepower, relatively speaking, so I can't see why they would insure one and not the other. Or maybe it's an over 25 thing.

Can't call till Monday so thought I'd ask, in case you have any idea: Do you have any idea what kind of rates someone in the same situation would pay at 23 years old? I've been riding for 3 years now on a Ninja 650 and want to move up to my dream bike, the cbr600 (rr preferably but f4i works too). However, I called Desjardins (who I am with now and get great rates on my 650) and they said they don't insure 'that bike' - meaning the 600f4i). But would this be a case of the specific agent you speak with? I know they are different bikes, but the triple r is up there in horsepower, relatively speaking, so I can't see why they would insure one and not the other. Or maybe it's an over 25 thing.
Super Sports like your dream CBRRR are 'Race Replica' vehicles, they are meant for the track and have mirrors and signals thrown on to be street legal. Plenty of young people are buying and crashing them and the market is reacting by either black listing them outright or making them relatively unattainable for people under 30.

To answer your question, expect to be told they won't insure that vehicle from most companies, the rest will ask for around $400/month +

Either buy one and use it at the track where it's meant to shine or set your sights on something else, it's not worth the bread.

Desjardins doesn't insure supersports (RR bikes). Have you held your motorcycle license for 6 or more years ? If yes, try Wawanesa. If not, you're SOL at 23 year old. Gotta wait atleast 3 more years to insure an SS

Desjardins doesn't insure supersports (RR bikes). Have you held your motorcycle license for 6 or more years ? If yes, try Wawanesa. If not, you're SOL at 23 year old. Gotta wait atleast 3 more years to insure an SS
Ya figured, considered a cbr650, as I'm a honda guy and the inline 4 is my ultimate goal. But they are too pricey, maybe next year though. Hopefully a 600 at 25.

That's the joys of the insurance business, part of the lack of transparency. I call as mamy companies as I can to get different rates every year, but almost every insurer ends up the cheapest quote for me with Aviva, and the range varies by like $1000-1500 difference between the higher end to lower end, all with Aviva. So yeah, different brokers get different numbers with the same information.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I just got a $2000 difference between two different Wawanesa brokers. Completely confused. One quote with 2 bikes + two cars was around $6000 the other $4000... say what?

I just got a $2000 difference between two different Wawanesa brokers. Completely confused. One quote with 2 bikes + two cars was around $6000 the other $4000... say what?

that don't make any sense
someone is making a mistake - missing discounts or who knows

I'm with Wawanesa through M&W - they have been very good so far

that don't make any sense
someone is making a mistake - missing discounts or who knows

I'm with Wawanesa through M&W - they have been very good so far

I don’t get it. I got a quote from M&W last year so they had all that information on file. The new guy this year said its significantly higher than last year, even after calling the underwriters - around $2000 more. Then I called Dalton Timmons and the prices were very low again through Wawanesa, like M&W was last year...

How are they from year to year rates wise? Significant increases on cars, Moto’s or house?

can't really do a year over year comparison
just switched everything last year to Wawa

prior the bikes/home/car were with 3 different companies
combining with Wawa was a huge saving

What is with the insane rate increase this year?

Just received my renewal from wawanesa and the same policy has increased from $1083 to $1665 reflecting a 52% increase!

house and bike are combined with them but Autos are covered under a fleet policy So they cannot be included

Married male 62 (licensed for 40years) with clean drivers record and no claims on vehicles or property policies. Live on East Toronto.

Called around and the renewal is almost the best price and Desjardins quoted $2512 today!

Does anyone have insight? Looks like they are trying to keep us off the road this year!

Thoughts

Back
Top Bottom