Gopros reduce helmets effectiveness | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gopros reduce helmets effectiveness

bigpoppa

According to these blokes, and others gopro's especially their mounts apparently compromise the safety and effectiveness of helmets in the event of a crash...for all you motovloggers out there

Look at 8:50

The video mentions it too

I have a packtalk but it clips on the edge of the helmet. It is the chemicals in the glue that sticks a mount on the helmet that will compromise the helmets integrity.
While the adhesives may slightly weaken the shell material over time, it's much more likely that the camera or mount will either get stuck on something in a slide and cause a twisting motion or that it will act as a focal point during an impact (ie: instead of the impact being spread over the entire side of the helmet, the energy is focused on the mounting point, making a penetration more likely).

Or bike. Any hard object will be a focal point of crash forces. I don't really want that in my chest either.
No sense of adventure....

So I did some research and I'm going to try mounting it on the left side of the handlebar

The handlebar mount I am thinking of is AGTSM-001... The GoPro Handlebar / Seatpost / Pole Camera Mount

Or bike. Any hard object will be a focal point of crash forces. I don't really want that in my chest either.
Noted. No boners while on the motorbike.

But the Likes!!!!
Lots of people use them as dashcams on their bikes.

I thought it was technically illegal to have stuff attached to your helmet in Ontario, although rarely enforced.

Saw a video where a guy got hassled in New York for the same but when he tried to get the cops to give him the actual law they couldn't find it.

Lots of people use them as dashcams on their bikes.

I thought it was technically illegal to have stuff attached to your helmet in Ontario, although rarely enforced.

Saw a video where a guy got hassled in New York for the same but when he tried to get the cops to give him the actual law they couldn't find it.
It's technically illegal.

You`re not allowed to compromise the smooth surface of the helmet, this is the law IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom