GoPro etc format | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro etc format

nobbie48

Site Supporter
When watching M/C videos I find that too much of the screen is taken up by views of the instrument panel due to the horizontal picture format, widescreen. If the camera was mounted at 90° to the horizontal one would get more view forward but lose the width. Am I being narrow minded?

All depends how it is mounted to capture the point of view. You can do a portrait capture and the gopro will auto turn. If you want. But i don't think this is ideal as we are set to view things horizontally. So you will get a narrow rectangle in a wide rectangle. possibly a square format might work with less trade offs.

Sent from the moon!

The internet shames people that shoot vertical video. For better or worse, our vision (and monitor standards) are landscape. Shooting vertical feels confined and doesn't play well with others (eg. lots of sites fill the sides in with garbage to make the video widescreen again). If the instrument panel uses too much of the frame, the better approach (for video) is probably to raise the camera so the instruments are right at the bottom of the frame. This isn't the easiest spot to attach a camera and may be in the way of the rider though so you find many videos with the instruments/tank using more than half the frame.

Back
Top Bottom