Good save by a Newbie at US129 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good save by a Newbie at US129

djez

http://youtu.be/cx4EKLAEPAs

[video=youtube;cx4EKLAEPAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx4EKLAEPAs[/video]
From last week's trip. She is on a lowered Ninja 250r

Last edited:
I was just there and the first time I hit that corner scared me, I under read the corner and nearly went wide but kept it in my lane but good save.. good thing there was no one commin her way.

It was her 4th or 5th time on the bike and 2nd run of the dragon (1st time going south).
Fortunately the one way construction is just ahead so fast speeders incoming is most unlikely.

I would most likely be on the ditch if I'm in her situation :).

Brand new to riding? Go to Deal's Gap.

Great idea!

I know :) , I bought her insurance with me as beneficiary.
Add to that going to 11 miles of gravel road when we got lost looking for Cherohala skyway.

The bike was lowered and don't have enough clearance, the bottom scraped mid turn.

It was the best vacation we had so far and she found more confidence in riding after that.

is that a dog on your bike? awesome fido. wish mine would go on mine but she's a newfoundland.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Should get more practice first. Could have easily been a vehicle on the other side of the road.

is that a dog on your bike? awesome fido. wish mine would go on mine but she's a newfoundland.

I used to ride with my neighbors Dalmatian, and in 15 minutes my shoulders will be drenched in drool. Can't imagine a Newfoundland except in a sidecar.

Should get more practice first. Could have easily been a vehicle on the other side of the road.

As i said it could be worse, and i know if that was me as a year ago I'll be hugging the rocks in that corner.

Im proud how she kept calm and regain control. While me and my buddy were the one who s*t ourself witnessing what happened.

Get that bike raised to proper height. Especially riding twisties.

I would say she was more lucky then anything.

Get that bike raised to proper height. Especially riding twisties.

I would say she was more lucky then anything.

Agree it should be raised. But having a cool head and resisting survival repsonse of grabbing the front brakes helped.

I should have given her a 600 or a 1000ss as a new bike, its a better way for newbie to learn on than riding roads where you don't have to speed to have fun. LOL

Last edited:
I should have given her a 600 or a 1000ss as a new bike .LOL

I'm just saying I didn't really see anything she did properly in that specific corner.

She cut too much then went wide. I ain't hating just stating facts. We all have those oh sh*t moments and as long as she learned from it then its all good.

Don't cut the corners and that wont happen.

Bingo. It's important to maintain a slower but correct line than try and maintain speed with an unsafe line. This wouldn't have happened if she had that correct line and slowed down for it. But very glad that she came out okay and learned from it; experiential education is often the most effective way to learn.

I think the op is proud she kept her head and didn't panic unlike 95 percent of the holier then thou posters on here

I think the op is proud she kept her head and didn't panic unlike 95 percent of the holier then thou posters on here

Standing the bike up and riding across the oncoming lane isn't panicking?

Back
Top Bottom