Good roads London | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good roads London

gaihosa

Planning a ride that goes through London. Could anyone suggest a few good roads in and around London. Basically I am entering from the north and exiting from the south or south/east.

best road in that area is one that takes you out of it
nice city, but the 519 is dreadful riding territory if you like turns and hills and stuff
it is a good area for cruiser enthusiasts though

Yes, I remember my first ride through that part of the country many, many years ago and how shocked I was that the whole area was like being on the prairies lol. Every road was straight & flat!

Planning a ride that goes through London. Could anyone suggest a few good roads in and around London. Basically I am entering from the north and exiting from the south or south/east.
I have no clue because I ride as far as possible in the other direction, but the exceprts below are taken from the Great Ontario Bikeroads Website: >>>Great Ontario Bikeroads<<< Visitor's Contributions - South Central (London/Waterloo) Area

"There are several nice roads around London. Highway 24 Between Port Stanley and Port Bruce; Highway 20 from Fingal to Port Stanley; the Talbot trail from Shedden to Wallacetown (Stop at John E Pierce park -- super view); Wallacetown to Highway 2, or go back to Iona Station up to Melbourne and then to Highway 2. Perhaps a trip starting in London, to John E Pierce Park, up the Talbot to Port Stanley for food. Many people stop at Mackies (They have a web site too) and then on to Port Bruce, Go back to the Sparta road and then back to London. Highway 2 has a poor surface, but the county roads are nice. Highway 3 to Leamington also has some nice bits near the water."

and:

"There are a few more really scenic/curvy rides southwest of London. My favorite is the St. Claire Parkway. This highway runs right beside the St. Claire river from Sarnia (north) to Wallaceburg (south). The speed limit ranges from 50 to 70 KPH and runs about 50 Kilometers, 30 miles. The river is a playground for boaters and dock loungers. Great scenery.

Another favorite is the Talbot Trail which follows the shorline of Lake Erie. You can go all the way from Windsor to Niagara falls. The most curvy and scenic portions are south of London. Many small port towns to check out: Port Stanley, Port Burwell, Port Bruce, Long Point and Turkey Point are all must-sees. All have eateries and refreshments."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom