Good Open Roads in Brampton for Beginner Practice? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good Open Roads in Brampton for Beginner Practice?

ajatt

Site Supporter
As the title states I'm trying to find good open roads with minimal traffic to practice riding my bike I'm a beginner I did do a ride this morning started off in a school parking lot and then took it to the road it was a decent beginner experience most cars were going well above the posted 60-70 limit, I am wondering if there is a good place to practice shifting gears I believe I need practice shifting gears faster and a bit more smoother thanks. (and yes I have taken the Humber college course for riding, just taking it easy and learning carefully)

Bramalea, Dixie, Torbram, Kennedy north of Mayfield any of those roads should be pretty quiet.

Great thanks a lot kind of close to me I live near Torbram and Bovaird

Me too, I live just off Peter Robertson/Mountainash. If you see a blue ninja 500 thats me.

cool man I drive a black suzuki gs 500F

For practice when I started riding, I just headed farther north to the newmarket area (from woodbridge/richmond hill) as there is a lot less traffic in the area. The roads are mostly straight and have a couple bends here and there (nowhere near anything hard).

Last edited:
Most of the industrial areas, in Brampton, are pretty quiet after dark. Unfortunately they're also somewhat poorly lit, I find. Still, not a bad place to practice.

Ya I recently found out about the bugs on my visor ha

If you want to practice, then riding one of the straightest roads around is not ideal. You want turns, starts, stops, running through the gears. Going in a straight line teaches you virtually nothing.

Olde baseline road , roads around Alton , should be cool for practicing
go late like after 8 pm , not much traffic

Alright thanks sounds good will give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom