Good news, bad news or nothing for MC competition and culture in Canada? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good news, bad news or nothing for MC competition and culture in Canada?

Same bunch of guys expressing a long term hate on for CMA and making the same snarky remarks to me why :unsure:
Asked me for an example of what they have done to promote the sport, I gave you a very good recent one and you publicly belittle it, why? Actually there was No surprise there, because you have made it clear you are poison against the club and apparently the membership, and that will never change because you are so bitter against them. I can't fix that for you.

Club? CMA is a club now?

Same bunch of guys expressing a long term hate on for CMA and making the same snarky remarks to me why :unsure:
Asked me for an example of what they have done to promote the sport, I gave you a very good recent one and you publicly belittle it, why? Actually there was No surprise there, because you have made it clear you are poison against the club and apparently the membership, and that will never change because you are so bitter against them. I can't fix that for you.
Go to the ATM, take out some cash, find a store and buy yourself a grip.
In case you haven't noticed, you're a minority of one here on GTAMotorcycle dot com. Why might that be ?
Because for you, your trials and ice racing buddies and maybe a handful of mini-cycle racers in Saskatchewan the CMA is important.
For the vast majority, dare I say 99% of the competition and road riding motorcyclists in Canada the CMA hasn't done bupkus for the last 4 decades. There isn't a single thing the CMA does that another organization couldn't and wouldn't do better.

It wouldn't matter who the FIM sanctioning body is, I will still be the one riding in FIM sanctioned competitions.

I remember when CMA held great sanctioned events. The Copetown Motocross was a perfect example. European world class riders vs North Americas best. All on a natural track.
It wasn't long after that the cma just gave up.
Side note: i ran fence patrol for the SCR that weekend. On Saturday a bike cop came up to the fence. We chatted and i gave him a ticket for Sunday. On my way home guess who pulled me over for speeding on hwy 6? He could have nailed me with 3 or 4 infracs but he let me off.

Is not a club. A club you can join.
CMA is an ASSOCIATION... a MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION... that doesn't like to associate themselves with motorcyclists.
ODD THAT!
Thank you bitzz. Can you give me definition of troll?

I remember when CMA held great sanctioned events. The Copetown Motocross was a perfect example. European world class riders vs North Americas best. All on a natural track.
It wasn't long after that the cma just gave up.
Side note: i ran fence patrol for the SCR that weekend. On Saturday a bike cop came up to the fence. We chatted and i gave him a ticket for Sunday. On my way home guess who pulled me over for speeding on hwy 6? He could have nailed me with 3 or 4 infracs but he let me off.
Lucky you, I got charged with flying too low leaving that event. Lol.

Lucky you, I got charged with flying too low leaving that event. Lol.
Do you remember better then he does who built and hosted the event? Because it sure as heck was not CMA, they might have sanctioned it but CMA does not build and host events, they never did. The membership does that.

Do you remember better then he does who built and hosted the event? Because it sure as heck was not CMA, they might have sanctioned it but CMA does not build and host events, they never did. The membership does that.
As I recall it was Steel City Riders out of Hamilton (read: the Bastedo family) with financial help from Manley's, the Canadian Kawasaki distributor at the time. That was the early 1970's so my memory may be dim. How many FIM sanctioned events have happened in Canada since then ? Not many, maybe two and they were both road races at Mosport.

BTW Trials, I just did a little research. The Amateur Trials Association of Ontario had what appears to be 65 active competitors in 2020, spread over 7 classes and currently 366 followers on Facebook. That's barely enough people to stage a p*ssup in a Timmy's parking lot.
At the risk of repeating myself AGAIN, you and your group do not speak for the vast majority of motorcyclists in this province let alone this country.

Last edited:
What a bunch of arm chair warriors.

What have they done for y'all lately;
CMA authorized the clubs to "Try Trials" That's so you cheap skates that don't want to fork out coin for an annual competition membership can play in a competition for a day without full paid membership. That was to encourage participation, but you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

And stop attacking the CMA membership, the lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves for that.
I have paid lots of money for race licences, and would like to race in the IOM. I never made the rules, only had to play by them.

Unfortunately no I was 17 at the time. However due to that ticket, I started road racing.

Yes it's a lot of work for a club or individual to host a competition. I was part of the huge crew that worked on Copetown, the SCR annual Enduro the 1hr and 6hr MX and many Trials at Waterdown. None of those events happen without CMA sanctions.
In approx 1983 (i think) Jim Kelly retired as president of the club after many years. The club quickly went from fun weekly meetings to political rant sessions. The Bastedos front and center.
I was there. I left the club for the same reasons i lock political threads on this motorcycle forum.
If Jim Kelly were still alive, i would still be a good friend. Just as i am a good friend of Paul owner of this site. Even though he put up with me being a pia sometimes.

Edit: the 1hr and 6hr were not sanctioned.

Back
Top Bottom