Going to get stupid Drunk tonight | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going to get stupid Drunk tonight

I moved last fall so Hack and I live pretty close together now (I bought my Bandit from him,).

There are a whack of tequilas I cannot get my hands on now because we cannot cross to the U.S.. Brands like Forteleza, G4, Volans, Maracame etc etc etc.

I had my first AND last "tequila experience" on my 18th birthday in 1984 at some peeler joint near Dixie/Dundas...
To this day even a whiff of tequila makes me shudder... I can't stand the stuff LoL.

Nice!

Like scotch it can be a deep rabbit hole to fall into. The four main expressions of Blanco, Reposado, Anejo, and Extra Anejo. Highlands versus Lowlands. If you like the aged how many months do you like? Tahona versus roller mill etc etc etc.
Yes the same guy said exactly that about it not being any cheaper to drink than scotch. I grabbed a few random recommended bottles a couple years ago while in Maine. Still don't know what my preferred taste is but I don't do much mixed drinks, mostly sipping.
I have a good scotch collection but not an overly impressive tequila one.

Once you start playing in the premium section of the liquor market you can be paying hundreds for a special 'expession' of rum, whisky, tequila ..... whatever. There is a high ceiling in that room.

Yes the same guy said exactly that about it not being any cheaper to drink than scotch. I grabbed a few random recommended bottles a couple years ago while in Maine. Still don't know what my preferred taste is but I don't do much mixed drinks, mostly sipping.
I have a good scotch collection but not an overly impressive tequila one.
One thing that I find interesting about tequila. There are bottles in the $40 range I really enjoy as well as the ones that cost hundreds of dollars.

Tromba Reposado is a really nice Repo and for $60 is hard to beat. Same for their Anejo for $70.

We can't get it here in Ontario but you can find it on zyn.ca . Olmeca Altos Repo. Would likely sell for around $40 in Ontario whenever they get around to selling it here. Fantastic tequila independent of price.

Yes, there are some crazy lots that people chase etc. A lot of the best tequila is not from the major players (big spirit companies). That being said I recently got a bottle of Roca Patron Silver and it is a fantastic Blanco.

Yup. A huge (and fun) rabbit hole to fall into. I enjoy the collecting, hunting, research, and chatting with fellow tequila enthusiasts as I do drinking the stuff. I have had some great chats with brand ambassadors, well known tequila reviewers, and even some master distillers who took the time to exchange messages with me. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Capture.PNG

>=)

(Not completely serious......only slightly)

Back
Top Bottom