Going for norh america round trip | GTAMotorcycle.com

Going for norh america round trip

aquaboy

Dear riders!

want to share very exiting information.

I am finishing my preparation for long trip round NorthAmerica.

My last step is trip to cabot trail, NS.
I am starting to go to NS this 1 june. Will go with friend on honda shadow and 2 cars.
Going to camping all days, except one.
Have all gear and stuff.

After this last test, I am leaving Toronto In July/August (need to figure out few things first)
No return date, only general checkpoints: Vancouver, LA, Miami and go back to Toronto.

I am couchsurfing member and hope to meet alot of new friends and see many new places.

Will go solo on my VFR1200. Will be happy to see anybody who is ready to share some part of this trip.

Check out northamericancircle.wordpress.com, great blog about a sailor from Halifax who did the ride.

I'm in Oshawa, I might be able to ride out with you for a day or two, depending on work.

Couchsurfing is great, too. I loaded up my itinerary for a Nova Scotia - Arizona trip I planned last fall (which was scuttled by Hurricane Sandy) and found hosts everywhere I needed to go - just rough out your itinerary and load it in, giving people time to find you and send you invitations.

I'm jealous. Enjoy your ride and do post up pics along the way.
The East Coast is on my To Do Trip List.

You might want to sign up to https://www.airbnb.ca/?locale=en as well.
If you are up for it.....include the Northern part of 17 in Quebec and then up The James Bay Road. Great time of year to go there.l

If you do the JBR remember to book the Dam tour before you go. Well worth it. Also you may need extra gas - there is a stretch of 385-390LMs with no station (assuming the temporary station that we came across is closed now)
NOTE: the JBR is non stop frost heaves......

Talk to viper84737, he knows a lot of the best riding roads in the US from his trip 2 yrs ago.

thank you for suggestions!

Last monday I came back from my trip to Cabot Trail NS.
It took 10 days and I crossed NEw York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine states and then entered to New Brunswick went to PEI, took fairy to Nova Scotia. After cabot trail I went back via New Brunswick, Quebec and I visited Ottawa in Ontario. more than 5000km.

I rided in storm with tunderbolts; in cold and wet. I tried mountain roads, forest roads. I was camping and stoping in motels. I've got dead battery, small collision.
And I even spent a night in jail. ( well it was a hostel in ottawa, rebuilded from old jail and still have cells and autentick look)

Still need to process my pictures and videos.

Now I am more ready for RoundNorthAmerica trip than before.
47 days countdown.

Back
Top Bottom