Go pro ???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Go pro ????

reese

Hello everyone need expertese opinion on which vid cam i should get and having a real
hard time deciding which one to get

GoPro Hero HD 1080p
or
GoPro Hero HD 960p

i know about the resolution difference but has anyone actually
have any of these cameras and tell me the specifics such as battery life
is it reliable, how is the sound, etc.

Thank you!!

Battery life is the same, but the 960p is not expandable with their BacPac accessories. No LCD, no extra battery, and you cannot do 720p 60fps slow motion playback like you can on the 1080p. If you truly want the best options, go with the 1080p.

I have both and I'd go with the 1080p!

A newbie question about the camera:

If I buy the Helmet Hero HD, can I use it both on my helmet and also on my car dash? Are these cameras specific for car or bike only?

The difference between the Helmet Hero and Motorsports Hero etc... is the mounts that come with it. The cameras are both the same. You can buy the different mounts separately for your application if needed. It's best to look for the camera package that has as many mounts or the more expensive mount included.

I just got mine yesterday, Becarefull when you have it hooked up to your pc out of the case, i had mine hooked up to my laptop and moved the laptop and the camera hit my floor and has a nice scratch on the lens, the video isnt to bad just a lil blury in one spot, anyone know if the lens can be replaced or buffed out

Battery life is the same, but the 960p is not expandable with their BacPac accessories. No LCD, no extra battery, and you cannot do 720p 60fps slow motion playback like you can on the 1080p. If you truly want the best options, go with the 1080p.

The extra battery costs $25... not the end of the world if you go with the 960p.

I just got mine yesterday, Becarefull when you have it hooked up to your pc out of the case, i had mine hooked up to my laptop and moved the laptop and the camera hit my floor and has a nice scratch on the lens, the video isnt to bad just a lil blury in one spot, anyone know if the lens can be replaced or buffed out

Yes, you actually can replace just the little lens. :)

I scratched the internal lens not the lens on the case, the camera has to be out of the case to plug it in to a pc so i didnt have the case on, im almost postive you cannot replace the actualy lens, im wondering if i can take it into a camera repair shop or some **** and have them clean the lens up some how. doubt it thou. thanks anyway.

Depends on your budget. I was looking at comparisons of the video quality of the 2 on YouTube. The 960 has good enough video quality for me and its $150 cheaper. Maybe I'll upgrade to the 1080 later on.

Check out the contour aswell... I hear you should run 720p so you can get a better frame rate (stigz)

With the Hero you have more shooting options... WVGA/720P/960P/1080P. The Hero also has the mounts as someone else mentioned...however, it does not come with the suction cup mount and depending on how you plan to film, you may want to purchase that as well. I ordered one shortly after purchasing my Hero when I realised the mounts it came with weren't gonna cut it for me.

You may need another mount (or more extenders) in order to mount the camera on the tank if you want to film that way. It depends on your windscreen. With mine, it's dark smoke and it sits too high for the camera to film over. The mounts and accessories it came with don't get the camera up high enough.

I'd also highly suggest you look at rigging up a safety wire just for peace of mind. No matter what the claims....I know people were chasing after one after it flew off a bike on a GBR track day :rolleyes:

Last edited:
With the Hero you have more shooting options... WVGA/720P/960P/1080P. The Hero also has the mounts as someone else mentioned...however, it does not come with the suction cup mount and depending on how you plan to film, you may want to purchase that as well. I ordered one shortly after purchasing my Hero when I realised the mounts it came with weren't gonna cut it for me.

You may need another mount (or more extenders) in order to mount the camera on the tank if you want to film that way. It depends on your windscreen. With mine, it's dark smoke and it sits too high for the camera to film over. The mounts and accessories it came with don't get the camera up high enough.

I'd also highly suggest you look at rigging up a safety wire just for peace of mind. No matter what the claims....I know people were chasing after one after it flew off a bike on a GBR track day :rolleyes:

Only the "motorsports" comes with the suction cup mount but that's what's cool about Gopro, you could buy the "naked" version and buy only the mounts you want or buy a "motorsports", "helmet" or "surf" version, dependant on what your mount needs are.

Personally, I found the motorsports came with the most mounts out the box so that's why I went with it.....plus I got an INSANE price on mine aswell:headbang:

I got mine at Radioworld on Steeles. Some people have said they found better prices online...but I'm not sure once you add in shipping if you'd really get much of a deal. Plus at that point, I was impatient to get one, their's seemed a decent price and I wouldn't have to wait for it to arrive.

Got mine online for $239 shipped from AmericanClassicMotors

Back
Top Bottom