Gift a motorcycle to me | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gift a motorcycle to me

I had some old barn finds given to me. When I went to get the ownerships I explained they were given to me and I asked if $0 was going to raise any suspicion. She said it could and suggested $100. $13 in tax seemed like an easy price for piece of mind.
I have also been told by SO that they go by the value on the UVIP and if the UVIP has no value attached it's basically whatever you feel you can get away with. That info has saved big $s.

Whenever I buy a motor vehicle that includes anything that didn't originally come with it, I make one offer for the vehicle and a separate offer for the parts. Then you only pay tax on the vehicle's value. I'm not very good at estimating used prices, so I just deduct the original MSRP of those parts from the asking price. ;)

Whenever I buy a motor vehicle that includes anything that didn't originally come with it, I make one offer for the vehicle and a separate offer for the parts. Then you only pay tax on the vehicle's value. I'm not very good at estimating used prices, so I just deduct the original MSRP of those parts from the asking price. ;)
A friend bought an expensive toy. Some of the money paid for the toy, much of the money paid for the documentation/history/service records as without those, the toy was much less valuable as the new owner would have to spend a lot to catch up on the maintenance to get to a known starting point.

if there is no value on the sellers package you might get away with just a bill of sale. If the value is higher than you want to pay tax on, have it appraised by a ministry verified appraiser. Local MTO should be able to point you in the right direction. done more than a few :cool:

if there is no value on the sellers package you might get away with just a bill of sale. If the value is higher than you want to pay tax on, have it appraised by a ministry verified appraiser. Local MTO should be able to point you in the right direction. done more than a few :cool:
The one time SO/MTO told me I needed an appraisal to register an 88 Hawk, they said a dealership could do it. So I went to the Honda and they said "Sure, how much do you want us to write it up for?". LOL

Back
Top Bottom