Gi pro gear indicator | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gi pro gear indicator

wantsabike

Anyone have a gear indicator on their bike ? I had one in my hayabusa and loved it and wanna get one for my zx636r

where can I buy one ? Does royal distributing carry them ?

They are pretty much standard on BMW and now on other bikes as well.
I have seen them available on some parts websites when I was looking for some parts a few months ago.
The problem is, I wouldn't even know how to go about installing one.

I don't. I can tell if I'm in the right gear by the sound the engine makes. Might have been nice when I was starting out. Try calling Royal and ask them.

I don't. I can tell if I'm in the right gear by the sound the engine makes. Might have been nice when I was starting out. Try calling Royal and ask them.

Well ll I like it best as I don't my bike well enough by sound lol and I find myself wanting to shift past my 6th gear when I have nothing after lmao I just find it handy for myself and like em :)

Well ll I like it best as I don't my bike well enough by sound lol and I find myself wanting to shift past my 6th gear when I have nothing after lmao I just find it handy for myself and like em :)

Where are you riding that you have maxed out in 6th gear?

It not that I'm maxing out 6th I'm on hwy and just think I've got another gear is all know what I mean ? As I'm not counting or keeping track unless I plan on having some fun with it or someone is all lol

Dude last gear is for cruising. Youdont have to go fast for last gear.

And yes new rider will always look for that imaginary 7th gear

Not a new rider lol been riding a long time and been on street bikes for 6 years now

it just something I like to have personally is all like how some want and like bar end Mirrors or no Mirrors ya know just a personal preference is all :)

looks like blue streak don't have the one to fit my bike tho :(

It is standard on BMW bikes, and have to say I rarely ever look at it, in fact the only reason I look at it is it is HUGE and above my clock so impossible to miss. As you get to know your bike you will find it is something you just don't need. You will feel it in the vibration, hear it in the motor and you will know when to shift up and down. Being in a certain gear does not matter, only being in the right gear.

When you are on an inline 4 with a very flat torque curve like the CBF1000 ...having a gear indicator is nice as it will move along in 6th as easily as 3rd with very little sound or feel difference. It's a popular add on to Biffers.
Vstrom is easy to tell tho 6th is such an overdrive I often find myself staying in 5th til I'm well up in speed.

Back
Top Bottom