Getting Warranty on a new CBR250RA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting Warranty on a new CBR250RA

o0ollo0o

Purchased and ordered my new CBR250RA from the Honda Dealer in mississauga. I'm picking it up Monday. I've been offered an extended warranty, which I've been considering. The one in particular was the 3 years extended warranty (2 years added to the 1 original) for $455. The warranty includes road side assistance for the 3 years as well, which I'm assuming will probably cost close to the $455 alone.

Details on the warranty and included road side assistance
http://www.hondacanada.ca/MCPE/Motorcycle/Service/HondaPlus/ProtectionPlans.htm?L=E

Details on the pricing for 2,3 and 5 years of extended warranty (250cc engine)
http://www.hondacanada.ca/NR/rdonly...2lrmqkodhlf3efad/2010HondaPlusPriceListEN.pdf

Maybe in two seasons I will sell/upgrade the bike and I have a feeling that having a warranty when selling will help maintain the bike's value.

Any thoughts or opinions on warranty? Is it a foolish thing to consider when purchasing your first bike?

Considering the CBR250RA is new this year, it wouldn't be such a bad idea is my main argument.

If you got the cash and want the peice of mind, why not!

I wouldn't do anything more than 3 years though. Chances are that you won't have the bike that long.

**** a cock sucking warranty!

no but really a warranty is not worth you money. Save the money and wait for the repair bill.... it will be less... oh and how long are u really going to keep a 250?

Just so you know - warranties are what dealers really make money on. That's why they are so eager to sell you one.

If there's something wrong with your new bike it will come up within first few months for which you're covered anyhow.

Extended warranties are usually limited to the point when it's hard to get something out of the dealer anyhow, they will blame everything on you.

Towing is probably not necessary either considering that only your one Honda vehicle is covered and god knows how long you'll be waiting for a Honda approved contractor. Get CAA+ if you want to feel safe, unlimited tows for unlimited vehicles. Your friends will love you. ;)
At any rate, it's a small bike. It will fit on any truck or even some minivans. I'm sure one of your friends or family has got something you can transport it with in case you catch a flat in Orangeville or something.

Back
Top Bottom