Getting it home | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting it home

JDooley

So I'm taking my M1 exit test with RTI this Sunday. I plan on getting a bike shortly after but I don't really want to ride it off the lot without having gotten used to it first. Having tried a few bikes in a lot before, I kind of want to get used to the friction zone and clutch on the new machine before hitting the streets. It's one thing to sit on a bike and feel comfortable in the dealership but completely another to actually ride it. I don't know anyone else who rides so I'm kind of at a loss for how I'm supposed to get this thing home. Any thoughts?

Where is the bike and where are you?

Some people may be willing to help ride it home for you if you're comfortable with this (your insurance so your risk).

Otherwise you could arrange a flat bed tow. Or you could rent a u haul bike trailer and tow it yourself.

Wait till after your M1 Exit course. You're going to spend an entire weekend on motorcycles.

Although you're a bit tentative right now, you might find at the end of the weekend with your M2 papers in your pocket that you're going to be a lot more confident to ride your own bike home.
Agree. Also, he doesn't need to ride straight home from the pickup. Scout out a close lot where you can ride from pickup location to practice location. Then you practice until you feel comfortable before you head home. When I have picked up bikes in the past I had figured it out enough within a few blocks. I will say, be careful with speed. When I picked up the Ape, I initially thought the speedo was off as there was no way that it got to xxx km/h that quickly.

Reactions: LBV
Alright, I'll see what I can do then. Wasn't sure if they could deliver them but I don't see why not. Otherwise I could just get it towed using a third party. And while I have full faith in being able to drive the thing, I'd rather not try to do it on crowded streets when I don't know how responsive the throttle or clutch are yet. I'll grow into a more comfortable level eventually but for my first bike, I don't mind having it delivered.

Alright, I'll see what I can do then. Wasn't sure if they could deliver them but I don't see why not. Otherwise I could just get it towed using a third party. And while I have full faith in being able to drive the thing, I'd rather not try to do it on crowded streets when I don't know how responsive the throttle or clutch are yet. I'll grow into a more comfortable level eventually but for my first bike, I don't mind having it delivered.
If you would prefer someone ride it then just repost it and maybe someone is close enough.

Towing isn't cheap.

If the dealership doesn't want to deliver (they should but just in case), The Toyhauler or EMS move bikes all the time.

Hey man i'll ride it home for you - you can trust me i'm getting really good at wheelies.

If you have any car with a hitch you can get a motorcycle specific trailer from Uhaul for $15/day.

ask the dealer to deliver it?
Any decent dealer should be able to deliver the bike to you if you are close enough. Negotiate this when buying the bike. Safest way I know of to get a bike.

Last edited:
Where are you located and where is the bike ?
Depending on the day and location. I can possibly help you out.
I have a trailer and vehicle to tow it with

Or I can ride it to my house for you.
I mean your house. ?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom