Getting Insurance for a Sports Motorcycle After 1 Claim | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting Insurance for a Sports Motorcycle After 1 Claim

To OP And any new to SS world members that come across this post ,everything aside if yo are happy with the insurance of a nice 600 SS than if thats what you want to try next then get one just dont get a new new one pick up a 08 down or something for few k and drive the hell out of it just be carefull thats all .they are FUN LOL once you get used to them and the torque is a huge change from the cruisers . Not sure But if most ur buddys got sportbikes then i can see ur point in wanting to have one instead of a cruiser id do the same for sure . Just keep ur head up and dont try copy off your friends too look cool when they ride cause that can get you in alot of serious trouble fast or like anybike killed . thats one of the main issues with people jumping on a SS due to wanting to fit in with rest of the group , If your friends up ahead Rolls the throttle then ur right behind trying to keep up as its instinct with most people . But more time u ride the more familiar you get with your bike . Basically DONT try to exceed your limits and if the other guys speed excessively or does cool looking or stupid **** than DO NOT TRY THE SAME . If you think wheelies are cool and If you want to learn to wheelie than watch couple hours of youtube , Load ur bike up with Sliders, case savers , ( few hundred bucks ) Go in a parking lot go nuts as it beats trying to power or clutch up behind or in front of ur buddies on the main drag only to end up looping , Low or high siding while same time u kiss ur bike good bye along with ur shattered bones and embarrassment. no one here wants to See you post on this forum again with another accident bro or even Worse you disappear from the forums and we see ur obituary or Your name in the ( Riders Lost Section ) . Ride safe bro Have a blast cause i started on a gixxer 600 years ago i got about only 8 years riding BUT i still consider myself a new rider cause it seems like yesterday i got my first bike ,and when people ask i tell them that i been riding for 8 years but also laugh and tell them im still learning every day just like any rider And people can disagree with me all they want but my thought iS you can never have enough experience . Again bro ride safe if you pick one up post some pics of the beast

Last edited:
... collision repair es extremely costly on any class of bike.
Except trials bikes, they crash lots, collect dozens of battle scars but don't seem to break very easy :|
To write one off you pretty much need to chuck it off a cliff.

With motorcycles the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Hey there fellas.! Alright, I know this post might seem like a joke to some of the brothers in this forum, but it's a serious question. So without any further due, let's get into this.

This is a brief history of my motorcycle life.
In 2017, I bought and sold my first bike, 2015 Ninja 300.
In 2018, I bought and sold my second bike, 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom.
In April of 2019, I bought a 2015 Suzuki Boulevard M50, but I was involved in an at-fault accident, and claimed it.

Last month, I purchased a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard M50, however I have not been riding it much, as I am still trying to get over my collision. I have decided that I would like to sell it and purchase a sports bike. Why right? If I'm such a wuss on a cruiser, I shouldn't even consider a sports bike. The thing is that I crashed on a cruiser and it was a pretty bad experience, I really didn't want to claim it, but I couldn't afford to pay for it's repairs, the insurance company ended up writing it off. What I do know is that if the same crash was to happen on a sports bike, I could easily afford repairs on it and a claim wouldn't be necessary on it. However, I don't want a sports bike because of that reason alone, I want one because I want to ride, I have my 2013 Boulevard parked in my garage and it's insured, I just can't come up with enough courage to sit on it and take it out for a ride. Most knuckleheads would call me a pussy, but I'm being brutally honest.

Now, here's the fun part. My current insurer, Coseco/Cooperators, talked to me after my crash and mentioned that I may get a new motorcycle, and my insurance from my 2015 boulevard would carry over, and my insurance would go up next year, not this year. So I ended up buying the 2013, but wanna sell it and get a sportsbike. I would love to own a Zx-6R, an R6, or a GSXR-600. I know it sounds funny, because insurance prices would be deadly, but if anyone could give me any guidance and help me out here, I'd appreciate it. I'm 25, have my M2, live in Ajax, ON. Who would insure me?
Guidance : sell the cruiser and go back to the ninja 300. Put 20,000 km under your belt. Buddy, no offence intended but you are still a novice rider, a race ready bike is setup for an expert rider.

Becoming a proficient rider should be your next goal. In order to do that you need time, miles and dedication to building skill. Equally important you need to rebuild your confidence. Your post indicates both may be in the way of a safe and enjoyable riding future.

By the way, rookie sport bike riders often never find out how cheap it is to fix their crashed bike - think about that for a minute.

Last edited:
hey insurance rates are not high on motorcycles because of replacement cost. I insure vehicles daily I've insured a Ferrari and the person only pays $1,200 per year, and the value of the persons vehicle was well over $350K. with that statement insurance on motorcycles in this province of Ontario because of the high fatalities and high chance of serious injury.

Don't take advice on insurance from those who are not even licensed to sell insurance nor even know the real reason why insurance in Ontario is so high.

If you want a trusted advisor give me a call 905-782-5966 Domenic [Business contact: 416 447 5581]
You don’t need to be licenced to talk about insurance. There are lots of riders with real life insurance experiences that can offer advice based on their learnings.

Lots of us have spoken to clueless RIBO licencees, why do you think they ask questions here?

Auto insurance isn’t rocket science. Take a 2 week course and write a simple test and voila you are an insurance pro in Ontario.

How about doing a couple of quotes in the open? I'll PM my details.

Back
Top Bottom