Gear - Overpants? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gear - Overpants?

Dsquintz

So I've put together my first gearset i suppose you could call it. but I'm missing pants.
I'm trying to find versatile pants because I plan to ride my bike to work which requires me to wear business casual clothes.

I'd never risk wearing dress pants on the bike for fear that if I do fall...i may as well not be wearing pants. for now I'm just wearing jeans since the denim is a bit more protection and changing at work. but frankly it's getting annoying and Id' like some more proper protection.

I was looking at both the Firstgear HT Air Overpants(http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/firstgear-ht-air-overpants.html) and the Scorpion Deuce Overpants(http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/scorpion-deuce-overpants.html)

Are these good pants? are overpants good in general? I'm somewhat on a budget for gear so I'm leaning towards the Scorpion pants but the firstgear has more specific sizing for someone with a shorter inseam(I'm 5'6). I'm open to suggestions on what else to look at.

please forgive my noobness :)

Got similar question. I have Kevlar jeans atm and want to get some over pants so I can ride to work. would love some advice one budget and brands.

I bought a pair of overpants at the last motorcycle show for $50. I through it over my dress pants when I go to work for additional warmth, they are also made of codora so its better protection than jeans, however I used to just wear a pair of baggy jeans over my pants when I rode to work when I was on a budget. Technically I still am ,hence the $50 no name pair I have now.

Those are really expensive for just over pants. Much better deals out there, keep looking.

So I've put together my first gearset i suppose you could call it. but I'm missing pants.
I'm trying to find versatile pants because I plan to ride my bike to work which requires me to wear business casual clothes.

I'd never risk wearing dress pants on the bike for fear that if I do fall...i may as well not be wearing pants. for now I'm just wearing jeans since the denim is a bit more protection and changing at work. but frankly it's getting annoying and Id' like some more proper protection.

I was looking at both the Firstgear HT Air Overpants(http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/firstgear-ht-air-overpants.html) and the Scorpion Deuce Overpants(http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/scorpion-deuce-overpants.html)

Are these good pants? are overpants good in general? I'm somewhat on a budget for gear so I'm leaning towards the Scorpion pants but the firstgear has more specific sizing for someone with a shorter inseam(I'm 5'6). I'm open to suggestions on what else to look at.

please forgive my noobness :)

noobness welcomed.
wear your dress pants and these ....
2008_River_Road_Moto_Leather_Chaps.jpg

Thanks alot for the links!
For those Icon and tourmaster pants are they true to fit? or would it be a good idea to order a size up?

my pants are much cheaper than all those brands. I did order 1 size up so I can wear them over my jeans for warth if need be.

For those Icon and tourmaster pants are they true to fit? or would it be a good idea to order a size up?

Check motorcyclegear.com for size recommendations for the Tourmaster. That's where I got mine from and they usually have good sizing info.

i was actually debating the same thing. I need to wear dress pants to work but dont feel safe riding up the 427 in wool pants at 7am :S. are those icon mesh pants pretty decent? By mesh do they mean textile or is it going to be like a basketball jersey lol.

Jeans provide almost no abrasion protection in a crash. It will grab the pavement and quickly shred. Mesh is not like basketball jersy material, more like cordura.

Textile and mesh are made of polyester, which will slide on the pavement. It is important to get overpants with armour. The armour will protect you against blunt force trauma. The polyester textile or mesh will slide and may abrade but will hold the armour in place, thus providing you with protection.

I have A* mesh overpants. They are a combo of mesh and textile, with armour. They are not as thermally cool as I would like but I believe they would protect me in a crash. I have not tested this.

Leather would provide you the most protection. Chaps leave your cheeks too open to the elements and the road. Chaps are excellent for more warmth and wind protection.

they look mesh.

Here's the same pant but textile(what I may end up grabbing)
http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3430&id=12516

I have a pair of Icon's overpants. They are a mix of mesh (see through) and textile fabric you'de find in a jacket on the areas more prone to impact. they also have knee armour. I like them overall. They are a few years old and a bit different then the ones on the Icon website now. The only issue i have with mine is that they don't have belt loops so sometimes they tend to slide down a bit when i move around on the bike or when in stop and go traffic shifting around on the bike. i wear them to work - same deal don't want to change at work. Also nice in the summer with shorts underneath in extra hot weather.

i was actually debating the same thing. I need to wear dress pants to work but dont feel safe riding up the 427 in wool pants at 7am :S. are those icon mesh pants pretty decent? By mesh do they mean textile or is it going to be like a basketball jersey lol.

LOL ... not like a bball jersey ... that's funny!

My Icon pants are already oversized - 34 size in these pants are actually more like a 36+ - already meant to fit over something else underneath.

I use a pair of Fieldshear over pants. Decent over all but the stitching of the elastic bits in the waist has ripped out. Because of that I wouldn't recommend them.

I'm int he same boat as you. I wear them over my dress pants into the office every day.

Back
Top Bottom