Gaspé 2023 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gaspé 2023

guzzirider

I am planning a ride to the Gaspé Peninsula in late August or early September 2023.
Approx 3200 km returning thru Main/New Hampshire/Vermomt.
Possibility of doing a "covered bridge tour" on return leg. and will add a couple of days to trip.
Ability to speak French an asset.
I ride at speed of traffic or faster in the twisties.
Maps in .gps or .kml provided.
I usually ride 325 to 375 kilometres per day depending on road conditions.
I try to get an early start on the day and smokers who stop evert 15 minutes get left behind.
Route and rest days are open for discussion.
Smaller displacement bikes are welcome. I have done (3) 5000km+ trips on a Suzuki GW250
I am an ex motorcycle driving instructor.

Attachments

• Gaspé.png
    Gaspé.png
    492 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Rode to Gaspe in 2022, last year August. Great ride, highly recommend it. We did about 600km per day.

It's so beautiful out there - haven't yet done it on 2 wheels although we've been out there with the RV several times.

If I can make one suggestion.....add in the length of route 299 through the park itself, even if it means riding it twice to still be able to do the entire loop - perhaps ride it south on the way in and then do the ring road counterclockwise and then ride it south a second time on the way back down, but it's well worth it and you'll enjoy the scenery enough to ride it twice no problem, especially the stretch from Hogsback mountain down. You really don't want to miss it. Lots of great crown land camping in there as well if you're so inclined- I can give you lots of photos of many of the spots if you're interested.

What size of a group are you expecting? I am planning to ride the gaspe pensinsula this summer but haven't picked a time yet.

Dang i wish i had more vacay time.

And i even sound like the locals (although i definitely don't blend in LOL)
Good luck! Should be gorgeous, i've only done it as a roadtrip with family when i was a child, but it was gorgeous!

Hwy 198 thru Murdochville is a really great trip.

I did the route about 8 years ago on my sons GSX650F. Camping and fishing gear. The scenery along the ride is fantastic. I enjoyed it so much I went back with my wife and a travel trailer for 2 weeks vaction. Such great campsites and friendly people.

That's a nice ride.

Try to time your visit to Perce rock around low ride. Then you can hike out to the rock. Make sure you get back before the tide rises again! :D

perce3-L.jpg

That's a nice ride.

Try to time your visit to Perce rock around low ride. Then you can hike out to the rock. Make sure you get back before the tide rises again! :D

perce3-L.jpg
Does the hike provide anything more than a closer look?

Aren't most hikes all about getting a closer look?
Not really, at least not for me. Many times there's some specific point of interest at the end that I'm hiking in to see. Something not visible from the starting point. With my hip if it's just a closer look I'll skip the hike and grab the binoculars.

Back
Top Bottom