Ganaraska | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganaraska

Went to Ganny yesterday with a buddy. Almost no one there, it was great. Lots of fallen trees from the ice storm, but still very rideable and had a blast.

Rode both Tuesday and Wednesday and managed just over 100miles between the two days. Big thanks to those that rec the Maprika app as I had great success with it. Sure am having fun being back on a smoker this year.

Pines race this weekend also btw.

Rode both Tuesday and Wednesday and managed just over 100miles between the two days. Big thanks to those that rec the Maprika app as I had great success with it. Sure am having fun being back on a smoker this year.

Pines race this weekend also btw.

did you mean 100kms? I hope to try out Maprika out as well soon. Especially if the "friend" location thing works.

May 13, next weekend? That's the race at Ganny, correct?

BTW, any idea how does it look at Ganny after the **** storm on Friday?

Yes May 13th.

I was there yesterday. Main trails and some of the more used single ones are fine. The less known ones have trees all over but it isn't that bad. A lot of people have done a lot of work to clean them out so overall in real good shape

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

It ticks me off they have the mini pine always on mothers day. I guess I'll never get to go so long there are mothers in my life. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It ticks me off they have the mini pine always on mothers day. I guess I'll never get to go so long there are mothers in my life. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
I'm super lucky. Mothers day 2010 I raced at Mansfield. Fresh snow on the ground lined up at the start line, and my wife and kids there to cheer me on. Was a really wet muddy race, half the field quit, I took 3rd.
Thanks to my wife for allowing me to go.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I'm super lucky. Mothers day 2010 I raced at Mansfield. Fresh snow on the ground lined up at the start line, and my wife and kids there to cheer me on. Was a really wet muddy race, half the field quit, I took 3rd.

lol,she's a keeper ☺.

I was there yesterday. Main trails and some of the more used single ones are fine. The less known ones have trees all over but it isn't that bad. A lot of people have done a lot of work to clean them out so overall in real good shape

Trails were in good shape. A few big trees down on some of the lesser used single tracks.. Thanks to the people who cleared. Some of those single tracks will need re-routing around the big trees

Trails were in good shape. A few big trees down on some of the lesser used single tracks.. Thanks to the people who cleared. Some of those single tracks will need re-routing around the big trees

Need less people riding and more people cutting :)

Need less people riding and more people cutting :)

I know for the Simcoe forests/tracts you need to be certified by the county to use a chainsaw, any idea for Ganaraska? I'd expect the same? You'd you to lug the chainsaw on your bike or hike the single track for a lot of the big blowdowns. or have a BIG handsaw :)

Last edited:

LOL. I guess I'm "lucky" too that I'm "allowed" to do what I want in my adult life.

Some guys kill me when they say they can't do something because of their mother......,er, I mean....their wife.

I know for the Simcoe forests/tracts you need to be certified by the county to use a chainsaw, any idea for Ganaraska? I'd expect the same? You'd you to lug the chainsaw on your bike or hike the single track for a lot of the big blowdowns. or have a BIG handsaw :)

Doubt anyone is going to complain if you're clearing downed trees with a chainsaw. I managed to move some downed trees that were well above handsaw size but there's still plenty more I can't move. They're in there Thursday marking for the mini Pines race. I'll be in as many days as my body will allow from Wed-Sun.

You need one of these.
1aeab3886f6ca360d0727208d65e1fdd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom