FYI: Hockley Store closed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

FYI: Hockley Store closed.

FJRgeezer

Just a heads up, due to a tragic accident the Hockley Store is currently closed. Judging from the damage it likely will be closed for quite a while. So if you enjoy eating or grabbing a cold drink there, you will need to make alternative plans. Too bad.

wow, RIP

myWvfrS.jpg

Woman, 26, dead after crashing vehicle into Hockley General Store

Last edited:
I wondered why Hockley Rd was closed eastbound at Airport on Saturday. That explains it.

It was back open again on Sunday. The road that is. Not sure on the store.

I've always wondered if this would happen one day. The road goes directly into the store if you pass the stop sign.

At least it was at 4 am so no riders were hurt, RIP to the young lady.

They need cement block or rocks there to stop that.
There was a large concrete planter box located between the posts. Some of the remains can be seen in the photo posted above. Here is what it looked like previously.

IMG_0195.jpg

Has anyone been up to Hockley lately? Has the store re-opened? I'm guessing not, but was just curious.
Rob

As of last weekend, still not.

I was up that way the other day, great little run. I did see the store posted in Malk's post #7. But can't remember if it was open, though there were signs of construction around there. Just too busy enjoy the ride :D. I could check my video of the day.

I was up that way the other day, great little run. I did see the store posted in Malk's post #7. But can't remember if it was open, though there were signs of construction around there. Just too busy enjoy the ride :D. I could check my video of the day.

No notice of reopening on their site or FB.

was there last weekend, a whole row of bikes parked outside, but the store was closed
corollary: continued on to FOC, the traffic and crowd at Belfountain was no fun at all

Heading down the highway

was there last weekend, a whole row of bikes parked outside, but the store was closed
corollary: continued on to FOC, the traffic and crowd at Belfountain was no fun at all

Heading down the highway

Same yesterday and it didn't look like an active construction site. Insurance settlements in cases like this are very complex. If the owner had four matching display cases, one was damaged and no matching one available, who pays for other three to get a matched set? Loss of business is an issue. Also who owns the business and who owns the property? I can envision a parking lot full of BMWs owned by lawyers.

It was also a scene of an accident which resulted in a fatality, so I would imagine that complicates things. Could the police investigation still be going on? Certainly not complaining - this was a tragic situation and things must run their due course. Feel bad for the business owners too. This fall was quite mild - their loss of income must be fairly significant. All in all a sad situation.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom