Full Hwy 401 Closure from Trafalgar Road to James Snow Pkwy July 4-5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full Hwy 401 Closure from Trafalgar Road to James Snow Pkwy July 4-5

oioioi

Site Supporter
Highway 401 from Trafalgar Road to James Snow Parkway

Full closure of Highway 401 eastbound and westbound at Trafalgar Road to James Snow Parkway

Start Date:
Saturday, July 4, 2020
End Date: Sunday, July 5, 2020
Time: 11:00 PM to 10:00 AM (11 hours)

Details
Full closure of Highway 401 in both directions from 11:00 PM on July 4th to 10:00 AM on July 5th.

Westbound traffic will be detoured as follows:
• Exit northbound at Trafalgar Road
• West onto Steeles Avenue
• South onto James Snow Parkway and re-enter westbound on Highway 401

Eastbound traffic will be detoured as follows:
• Exit southbound at James Snow Parkway
• East onto Derry Road
• North on Trafalgar Road and re-enter eastbound in Highway 401

See maps below:

There is a huge highway construction work on the 401 west of Mavis Rd. Any idea what is being done?

Highway widening. I believe all the way to the Cambridge area eventually.
Slowly making its way west.

Well no west in riding for a while, that's going to be fun for traffic.

The only thing this heat is good for is repaving - real fun sitting in traffic
ACtC-3fI2mXIKi9oI1YErzpjRNVZIjPSdmDPkZiXr2SKIZ4kQiSeILughxbnhZUDmWOyPFp_WLrTJSncO6qia2EV7XjoKVpvi9o4sY_sRmuj0AZxCzDmemzQh5dKAqiK4MQoa08eF_mqUiWD3aib7FzaHeSChw=w1560-h818-no

This closure specifically appears to be for taking down the Sixth Line bridge. The current bridge doesn't allow for further widening of the 401 underneath it.

ah that make sense ...I recall when that tanker truck exploded under The James Snow Parkway bridge it was quite a long time fixing

ah that make sense ...I recall when that tanker truck exploded under The James Snow Parkway bridge it was quite a long time fixing
When was that?

That’s why I don’t know anything about it

I was born but not in this country at that time.

?

Yep - decided to pull a u-turn on the 401 in front of a loaded gasoline truck. Killed the tanker driver but **** wit survived. Burned a couple days and weakened the bridge so much needed replacement

Looks like the took out the 6th line bridge across the 401. As well as installing the remaining cross members for the Trafalgar bridge.

Back
Top Bottom