Full face helmet instead of mask? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full face helmet instead of mask?

timtune

Site Supporter
Stopping quick for gas and a pack of gum, can I just leave the helmet on and call it even?

I used my helmet a few times as instead of a mask. Don't forget that signs in most cases say something "face-covering is required".

In fact, I used it yesterday in Service Ontario. They were ok with it.

In some municipalities, I doubt a helmet meets the legal requirement as a face shield definitely doesn't. That being said, for a quick store visit, you are probably maintaining distance anyway so I think you'd need someone with a real need to hand out tickets to get one.

Ontario has a definition of what is/isn't a facemask : https://www.ontario.ca/page/face-coverings-and-face-masks#section-1
  • fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
  • maintain their shape after washing and drying
  • be made of at least two layers of tightly woven material (such as cotton or linen)
  • be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose and mouth without gaping

I've gone into the gas station visor down a few times and haven't had any issue. I'd guess as long as you are making some attempt to follow the rules nobody will bug you. Just don't try to make it a human rights issue if someone says otherwise. I keep a mask stuffed in my jacket just in case.

visor closed should be fine I'd think

if it's just a quick splash and go
if possible I don't even get off the bike
gear stays on

if I want gum or a monster or whatever
then it's also a stretch break
helmet off, mask on to enter

Wear a cotton bandana scarf with it,
I mostly wear one on street anyway, they work good.

Visor down is fine to go in and pay or pick up something inside. Dufferin-Guelph including Orangeville was the first municipality in Ontario to bring in mandatory mask use inside buildings. Many store employees wear plastic face shields instead of a mask, so a full coverage helmet with the visor down is actually better because there is less open area at the bottom. I've fuelled up a few times since the mandatory mask rule came into effect and have just flipped the visor down when entering. Never had a problem.

Jewellery store robbery at Dixie Outlet Mall- 2 days ago:

According to investigators, three suspects wearing motorcycle helmets robbed a jewelry store in the area before fleeing the scene.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Gone into McDonalds and other takeout places with helmet on, no one has bothered me. Too lazy to remove and change to mask if I am just grabbing and go-ing.
Any longer stays, I'd take off and use a mask.

Was on the Glenora Ferry near Picton on Tuesday and had a staff member rebuke us for cracking my helmet screen open at the lowest setting (less than pencil width)

All others were in their cars.

View attachment 44651
Rebuke, word of the day.

I havent tried to go in places with helmet on because of 2 reasons

1- i run pretty darn hot in my helmet, so i sweat more
2- it doesnt follow the guidelines
3- mostly because i run pretty darn hot in my helmet, and i sweat a lot

Was on the Glenora Ferry near Picton on Tuesday and had a staff member rebuke us for cracking my helmet screen open at the lowest setting (less than pencil width)

All others were in their cars.

was reminded the other day on the ferry across Saguenay river to mask up within 2 seconds of helmet removal
worker was very nice about it, all the motorists out of their cars masked as well

allowed... I did it and no one cared.. I also have a nose guard or w/e you call it to block out the vapour from misting up my visor... and I suppose people saw that and were ok..

Back
Top Bottom