fuel stabilizer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel stabilizer

Canadian Tire 91 is ethanol free

It is sourced from Shell

If it says 91 it does not mean it is ethanol free.....it varies. Check the pump

Of some relevancy is this excerpt from MCN.
UK is now introducing E10 fuel (previously was E5) and this has raised discussions there. It is a bit of a long read ................

Yamaha and Triumph both said that all models from 1990-on are compatible with E10, while Honda said everything post-1993 is compatible, although carburettor-equipped models could experience poor driveability in cold weather.
BMW said that all their models regardless of the year of manufacture can run on E10 fuel with no adverse effects.
Suzuki models made after 2002 are compatible with E10 and those made after 1992 might be but owners should seek advice.
Ducati said that their Multistrada 620 and 1000 models were not compatible with E10 fuel, with tanks known to expand or leak in markets with ethanol-rich fuel.
And Kawasaki said that models made from 2006-on would be ok on E10 but advised customers not to use the fuel in bikes that weren’t specifically approved.
Piaggio (who own Moto Guzzi and Aprilia) were the least E10-friendly manufacturer in 2012, saying that all motorbikes built before 2011 would not be compatible with the fuel.

The (British) Government has calculated that vehicles using E10 fuel emit approximately 2% less CO2 than those running on E5 (the current UK standard fuel).

There can be unwanted side effects when using fuel with a higher ethanol content, especially for those with older bikes. Ethanol can damage plastic or fibreglass fuel tanks, cause old rubber hoses or inlet manifolds to swell or split and react with zinc, lead and aluminium components, too.
Ethanol is also hygroscopic, meaning that it absorbs moisture from the air around it, and this can cause problems when fuel is left to rest in tanks for long periods.

i used to use seafoam in my old carborated bike with regular gas (which according to fortnine, is a bad idea lol). but with my ducati i always fill with shell v-power (ethanol free) when i can, and especially during winter storage. i dont use stabilizer in it at all.

on my royal enfield 650, it uses regular fuel but then i'm switching to shell v-power for winter storage. might splash in some sta-bil just for the hell of it since im not emptying the whole tank, so there will be a bit of ethanol in there.

Last edited:
OK I learned something. Seems that if you use ethanol-free gas, there is no reason to worry about it. Looks like the main reasons for using it (preventing a water/ethanol blob) are different than what I thought they were. (preventing gumming). So is 91 (premium) from Petro Canada ethanol -free?
Use Shell's top tier (Gold) as it's ethanol free.

Back
Top Bottom